Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lisamuire22

josip wrote: »
    Progress bar completed today

CLgArp0.png

This is how mine looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Turin74

Thanks
    Both my parents where born in Ireland and hold Irish passports (just live in the UK)
    I'll leave C blank then
    Hopefully they wont mind a slightly damaged birth certificate with sellotape

In terms of documents i have
    Water Bill (original) with my full name and address
    Council tax Bill (original) with my full name and address

Photo Id - Do i need to send my original British passport? to the embassy/consulate or is this just for the witness? if i do send it can it be a certified copy

and on Witnesses - any suggestions as to who to use, so far two local banks have refused, doctor wont do them anymore? Can it be a professional qualification person not listed on their witness list

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

i applied for my sons passport a few weeks back and received a letter back during the week stating that they need his long form birth cert. i looked around online and found a hse link to order all of our birth certs online, although does anyone know if this gives the long form of the birth certs that we are looking for? and not the invalid one we already have

http://lifeevents.hse.ie/

cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

As long as it costs 20euro then it's the long form certificate. When you order by e-mail rather than the online form it makes this clear:

https://www.welfare.ie/en/downloads/E-mail-Application-Form-in-English.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

thanks a lot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mazzle

Hi, so I applied for passports for both my sons last month, I applied as a family application and sent my passport off with their applications and birthcerts. Today one of my sons arrived back and my other sons and mine didn’t, his says the passport is “printing” has said this since this morning.
    Should family applications not all come back together? We’re fkying on Tuesday and I’m starting to freak out! Help please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,117 ✭✭✭✭josip

Mazzle wrote: »
    Hi, so I applied for passports for both my sons last month, I applied as a family application and sent my passport off with their applications and birthcerts. Today one of my sons arrived back and my other sons and mine didn’t, his says the passport is “printing” has said this since this morning.
    Should family applications not all come back together? We’re fkying on Tuesday and I’m starting to freak out! Help please!

What time on Tuesday?
    Our son's was printing on Thursday 21st, Dispatched on Friday 22nd and delivered on Monday 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mazzle

josip wrote: »
    What time on Tuesday?
    Our son's was printing on Thursday 21st, Dispatched on Friday 22nd and delivered on Monday 25th.

Not flying until 5.20pm so I do have Tuesdays post as well as today’s and Mondays. Do you know if that’s normal for a family application to come back separately though? Did yours come up as dispatched on the 22nd from early in the day? Mine is still saying printing now.

Not flying until 5.20pm so I do have Tuesdays post as well as today’s and Mondays. Do you know if that’s normal for a family application to come back separately though? Did yours come up as dispatched on the 22nd from early in the day? Mine is still saying printing now.

I don't know about the splitting of a family application.
    On the Friday of dispatch the first time I checked was at 14:45 and it was already dispatched.
    I think you'll be fine given that you've got Tuesday's post also.

• Advertisement

Is the list of possible witnesses definitive and final. Can i get a UK actuary (Fellow of UKs Institute and faculty of Actuaries) to witness my Irish passport application?
    Has anyone done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Cannot get through to the passport office to ask question about a renewal application I am trying to do. Tried the online chat but that is bull****, spent ages writing my query but got no reply. Dublin and Cork phones numbers go directly to automated response. Been trying since 9am. Is there a better way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

twitter is usually good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

twitter is usually good

Got this message "Sorry! You cannot message this account."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Oh, sorry it used to be good, do you not just @ them then ask them to follow you so you can DM them?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianb10

We have a newborn baby due next week and want to arrange a summer holiday.
    Does anyone know how long it is taking at the moment for newborn/first passports? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

6 weeks minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

brianb10 wrote: »
    We have a newborn baby due next week and want to arrange a summer holiday.
    Does anyone know how long it is taking at the moment for newborn/first passports? thanks

Ours took about 4 weeks last year. I’d suggest getting your ducks in a line very quickly. Find out what you need etc and get it done as soon as you can. The picture can be taken at home put the baby on a clean white flat sheet and try your best it’s a two person job.
    Enjoy the holiday it’s a great time to bring a child away.

Did you get it in time Mazzle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

Wife, myself and daughter are due to travel to the States on Sunday next. Realised 2 weeks ago, that my daughter's passport was out of date. Long story short, started the online process immediately, but it has been 'printing' since Monday morning... 2 days to print, and still not dispatched?? Starting to panic now. I'm thinking of heading up to Balbriggan and knocking by the passport facility at this stage!!

Anyone's thoughts??

• Advertisement

You will have it by Friday.

Oh god I hope so! To be fair I rang them last week and they put on the application that I was travelling on the 7th (for what it's worth)

;) Phew...Arrived this morning! It's still showing 'printing' on the tracker mind you!

I have question on the application form (APS 2).
    The credit card has 19 spaces to enter (4x4 + 1x3) is the last 3 spaces for your CRV (card security number)?
    On the back there is a barcode sticker - do i keep this (its in the office only section)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Hi anyone have experience traveling on damaged passport son brought passport to pub as ID and spilt alcohol over it traveling to France end of June would it be better to apply for passport card and use with current passport or apply for replacement passport book

Get a new passport book with card, this is why the card was invented. The damaged book is most likely invalid for travel.

Highlander wrote: »
    Hi anyone have experience traveling on damaged passport son brought passport to pub as ID and spilt alcohol over it traveling to France end of June would it be better to apply for passport card and use with current passport or apply for replacement passport book

Depends who you're traveling with.
    Years ago I traveled around the world with my passport in my back pocket and no airline complained about it.
    First Ryan Air flight I took when I got back, they highlighted that the plastic was separating from the paper at the corner of the photo page.
    I pointed out that it was only a couple of mill and was nowhere near the photo, so they said they'd have to bring it to a supervisor to check.
    Me the big fool didn't accompany them and when they brought it back, they'd made sure that the plastic was now separated all the way to the photo and denied me travel.
    Moral of the long story?
    Get a new passport to be safe and I still hate Ryan Air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'm trying to renew my brothers passport here over last few weeks, he is autistic so getting a suitable photo has proven very difficult. The original application (a month ago) accepted one of the photos, but 3wks later I get a message looking for a new photo with a link to submit the new photo. This link does not work, the passport offices Web text doesn't work, their phonelines give a voicemessage saying they are busy and just hangs up giving you zero option to wait or a callback??? Seriously these lads are somehow worse than Eir! Any other options for me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Timmaay wrote: »
    I'm trying to renew my brothers passport here over last few weeks, he is autistic so getting a suitable photo has proven very difficult. The original application (a month ago) accepted one of the photos, but 3wks later I get a message looking for a new photo with a link to submit the new photo. This link does not work, the passport offices Web text doesn't work, their phonelines give a voicemessage saying they are busy and just hangs up giving you zero option to wait or a callback??? Seriously these lads are somehow worse than Eir! Any other options for me??

Do you have a Twitter account? Last year when I was having issues I sent a DM on twitter and they replied fairly quickly. Have seen other people recommending the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Gmaximum

Anyone experience issues with the online renewal for minors ? I thought the documents had gone missing with An Post and was chasing them but it turned out it has been received by Ballbriggan (this was confirmed by webchat). However the status on line is still “awaiting documents” the office advised it just needs to be scanned. Status hasn’t changed in 5 days

We now have to travel next week, which wasn’t planned at the time of application so I’m wondering if I should cancel the renewal and resubmit on our return

Advertisement