Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How long are online applications currently taking?

The passport online tracker says it has been dispatched. How long after that does it take for me to receive it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Next day normally.

Next day normally.

Do you have to sign for it when delivered ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Nope.

• Advertisement

Got it today.
    There’s a sticker on the back with my name, date of birth and a barcode. Do I need to leave that on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

OK after 2days of banging my head against the wall, trying to get through to them, the webchat still down, eventually getting through to the phone number twice, but both the online system failed to resent me a new photo upload link, I eventually came across the following email address which I got a reply to immediately : oarqueries@dfa.ie

And twitter was useless, generic reply telling me to contact the phone or webchat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Gael23 wrote: »
    Got it today.
    There’s a sticker on the back with my name, date of birth and a barcode. Do I need to leave that on?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stickynote1

Turin74 wrote: »
    Is the list of possible witnesses definitive and final. Can i get a UK actuary (Fellow of UKs Institute and faculty of Actuaries) to witness my Irish passport application?
    Has anyone done this?
    The list is definitive, if you choose somebody not on the list, or somebody retired from said profession, you will probably be required to complete a whole new application form including photographs.

The number on my passport and passport card is different. If I was filling out API for Spain or similar which would I use?

• Advertisement

The number on my passport and passport card is different. If I was filling out API for Spain or similar which would I use?

Use your passport book number

Got it today.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Need to renew my passport. But travelling in 3 weeks.

DFA turnaround time is currently at 10 working days so a bit tight.

I plan on contacting them tomorrow to explain my situation.
    From others experience do you reckon I'll be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Need to renew my passport. But travelling in 3 weeks.

DFA turnaround time is currently at 10 working days so a bit tight.

I plan on contacting them tomorrow to explain my situation.
    From others experience do you reckon I'll be ok?

I did mine online last Sunday week and had my passport book last Tuesday and passport card on Thursday. Really fast service once ye get your photo right.

Did mine on Monday and had the book Wednesday and card Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Barring a big cock up online renewal will see you right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Just a warning to anyone re the online renewal:

If your passport number has only 1 letter in it, you can't renew online and you have to do a standard paper renewal. I only found this out recently.

It doesn't say this anywhere that I have seen and as your call is not important to them you may have to wait like a tool on the chat line for 30mins to find out.

How Irish is that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

It's in their FAQ

Q. My passport was issued in 2005 or prior to 2005, starts with S and has 6 digits. Can I use the Online Passport Renewal Service?

No, your passport is not a biometric passport as it was issued in 2005 or prior to 2005, and is not valid for online passport renewal. Please see alternative application channels.
    The online service is only available for the replacement of biometric passports (which begin with the letter P or L and followed by another letter and 7 numbers - example PA1234567).

It should be on the 1st page, not buried in the FAQ's.

I looked at site, I fitted the criteria required for online renewal and applied. I had no need to look at FAQ's before applying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Submitted my 2 kids passport renewals via passport express on Friday afternoon & only realised afterwards I had forgotten to write in their PPSN numbers. Am wondering will the applications be returned compeltely or will I be contacted to provide them?
    We've 3 months before we travel so not the end of the world if they do return them but would be hopeful we'll just be contacted to provide them or alternatively would they have this information on file from their first applications?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Just a warning to anyone re the online renewal:

If your passport number has only 1 letter in it, you can't renew online and you have to do a standard paper renewal. I only found this out recently.

It doesn't say this anywhere that I have seen and as your call is not important to them you may have to wait like a tool on the chat line for 30mins to find out.

How Irish is that!

One of the questions I was asked before applying for the passport renewal

https://imgur.com/a/KbJuq7e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

DvB wrote: »
    Submitted my 2 kids passport renewals via passport express on Friday afternoon & only realised afterwards I had forgotten to write in their PPSN numbers. Am wondering will the applications be returned compeltely or will I be contacted to provide them?
    We've 3 months before we travel so not the end of the world if they do return them but would be hopeful we'll just be contacted to provide them or alternatively would they have this information on file from their first applications?

Got this sorted via the webchat option. Very handy service indeed!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

One of the questions I was asked before applying for the passport renewal

https://imgur.com/a/KbJuq7e

And your point?

Are you implying that because you were asked that question, that everyone is?

And your point?

Are you implying that because you were asked that question, that everyone is?

Out of interest I just went into the application and it’s about the 5th question that’s asked. I would imagine everyone is asked the same questions

salmocab wrote: »
    Out of interest I just went into the application and it’s about the 5th question that’s asked. I would imagine everyone is asked the same questions

If you apply for a card only then the question is not asked so that's where the difference seems to be.

I am applying for a:
    I have previously been issued with an Irish PP: y/n
    My name is the same: y/n
    I would like a: Book, card, book and card.
    Etc, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you apply for a card only then the question is not asked so that's where the difference seems to be.

I am applying for a:
    Etc, etc.

It's your own fault. Get over it.

I am applying for a:
    Etc, etc.

Surely if your applying for a card only then you have to have a current passport which means that it is a new enough one that it has the double letter at the start?

salmocab wrote: »
    Surely if your applying for a card only then you have to have a current passport which means that it is a new enough one that it has the double letter at the start?

And therein lies my mistake.

And therein lies my mistake.

You tried to get a passport card whilst having no passport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

It should be on the 1st page, not buried in the FAQ's.

I looked at site, I fitted the criteria required for online renewal and applied. I had no need to look at FAQ's before applying.

Why should it be on the first page if only a tiny amount of people are going to run into this issue?

Space is a premium on webpages, especially for mobile users and responsive sites, so they’re hardly going to slap a minor issue that very few people are going to be wondering about on the first page.

Advertisement