Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Caranica wrote: »
    How far out of date? If over 5 years then she has a major problem.

She needs an emergency appointment in the passport office. 30 will be released at 12.30 tomorrow for Wednesday. She needs to be online bang on. Anecdotally there are tales of people walking into the passport office and getting appointments on the day but it's a huge risk to take.

Thank you. Gonna text her that to let her know

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Denzel123

Sorry this was probably asked loads of times before but we are due to travel on 4th July I sent my child’s passport by express post on the 17th June
    Tracking says it’s due on the 9th July
    Is there any thing we can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Denzel123 wrote: »
    Sorry this was probably asked loads of times before but we are due to travel on 4th July I sent my child’s passport by express post on the 17th June

Contact a local TD. Send them proof of travel and your application number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Bards

Let me know how you get on... I submitted my daughters application online on the 16th June and sent in supporting documents on the 17th.we travel July 9th and been onto local well known TD as well as myself contacting passport office. we're now on a priority list but the application is still saying on hold waiting documents.

They really need to update the information online to say that if you are travelling within 6 weeks then make an appointment as opposed to 3 weeks as crearly they cannot meet their own SLA

What they really need to do is to take the suggestion that was made at a presentation by the passport office I attended recently. Make the airlines and travel agents put a tick box on the booking page along the lines of "all parties travelling have valid passports/travel documents".

There will always be exceptional cases, new citizens, babies, emergency travel, lost or damaged passports etc but I know so many people who will book travel in the new year and only pull out the passports to check the week before they travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭davetherave

I know so many people who will book travel in the new year and only pull out the passports to check the week before they travel.

Hardly the fault of the Passport Office though.

uAuFvh1.png

6My7bEc.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Hi,

My daughters passport is out of date and she is due to travel to Portugal on the 5th July. The earliest appointment available online is Thursday 4th July.

I have heard of the rapid renewal service and will apply for that but someone told me that both me and my husband have to be there for that appointment. Is this true? If so this is going to be a major problem as he can't get away from work. She already has a passport. I am wondering if it is a renewal can just one of us go or can she go herself? She is almost 18.
    Also do I have to wait until 3 days before her trip to make that appointment? I feel l like waiting is playing Russian roulette.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I am up the wall here.

I know so many people who will book travel in the new year and only pull out the passports to check the week before they travel.

uAuFvh1.png

6My7bEc.png
    I booked my flights when all passports were in Date which was 12 months ago.. It also clearly states if you are travelling within 3 weeks to use the online service which I did as at the time I had almost 4 weeks before travel.... They still cannot give me a date when it will be ready

uAuFvh1.png

6My7bEc.png

Not at all the fault of the passport office but a step that would seriously lighten their load. Having it on their website doesn't achieve anything as who checks that before booking travel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Also word needs to get out there that you can renew your passport at any time. There is no need to wait for some arbitrary date to renew.

• Advertisement

Bards wrote: »
    I booked my flights when all passports were in Date which was 12 months ago.. It also clearly states if you are travelling within 3 weeks to use the online service which I did as at the time I had almost 4 weeks before travel.... They still cannot give me a date when it will be ready

Why did you leave it so late to apply? New baby?

With special needs kids life gets in the way and it just slipped my mind

That can happen. TD on the case should sort it, I wouldn't stress too much.

That can happen. TD on the case should sort it, I wouldn't stress too much.
    Fingers and toes crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Hi, I applied online for my passport on the 7th June, got digital photos in chemist done & uploaded them . Got email to say estimated issue date would be 20th June. Last Monday week the 17th June got another email saying the photos were not acceptable & to submit different ones . Off I went & got new photos done & resubmitted them . New issuing date would be the 28th June. Today I received yet again another email saying photos not acceptable so I took them again & have resubmitted. Now issuing date is 8th July. Has anyone had this happen. I’m due to go on holidays the 24th July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Let me know how you get on... I submitted my daughters application online on the 16th June and sent in supporting documents on the 17th.we travel July 9th and been onto local well known TD as well as myself contacting passport office. we're now on a priority list but the application is still saying on hold waiting documents.

They really need to update the information online to say that if you are travelling within 6 weeks then make an appointment as opposed to 3 weeks as crearly they cannot meet their own SLA

If they used the online tracker properly it would cut down on a lot of queries and worry for people. My kids application never updated to say they’d received the docs until the day the passport was actually issued. They must have had the docs 3 weeks at that stage so I was worried they were lost in the post as I just dropped them in a normal post box rather than the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Polka King of_the Midwest

Forever21 wrote: »
    Hi, I applied online for my passport on the 7th June, got digital photos in chemist done & uploaded them . Got email to say estimated issue date would be 20th June. Last Monday week the 17th June got another email saying the photos were not acceptable & to submit different ones . Off I went & got new photos done & resubmitted them . New issuing date would be the 28th June. Today I received yet again another email saying photos not acceptable so I took them again & have resubmitted. Now issuing date is 8th July. Has anyone had this happen. I’m due to go on holidays the 24th July.

Use a Photo Me booth to have the photos done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Polka King of_the Midwest

beth-lou wrote: »
    Hi,

My daughters passport is out of date and she is due to travel to Portugal on the 5th July. The earliest appointment available online is Thursday 4th July.

I have heard of the rapid renewal service and will apply for that but someone told me that both me and my husband have to be there for that appointment. Is this true? If so this is going to be a major problem as he can't get away from work. She already has a passport. I am wondering if it is a renewal can just one of us go or can she go herself? She is almost 18.
    Also do I have to wait until 3 days before her trip to make that appointment? I feel l like waiting is playing Russian roulette.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I am up the wall here.

She definitely can't go by herself as she's still a minor. All guardians need to be present for child protection reasons for rapid renewal.

Just to let everyone Know who is interested, passport has now been issued and despatched... Happy days

That’s great Bards
    We have been on to the passport office a few times and it’s meant to be on priority but the status is still ‘processing’
    Sent on the 17/6 due to fly out on the 4/7

• Advertisement

Ours was checked, processed, printed and despatched all today...

Do you think by getting on to your local TD helped

Yes and I had other ammunition for him to go to Simon Coveney with and they were both in the Dáil today

Most state agencies and related organisations have an Oireachtas liaison or contact dedicated to them. They will definitely get an answer faster than you contacting the agency directly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

No it wouldn't. I'd advise waiting and hoping for the best

Eod100 wrote: »
    No it wouldn't. I'd advise waiting and hoping for the best

As above, TDs have a dedicated liaison. It absolutely makes a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

As above, TDs have a dedicated liaison. It absolutely makes a difference

They do but it won't speed up the process form experience. Best thing is for applicant to contact directly

I’m in the same situation. It has happened twice with the photos & now tomorrow is the 8th day so I’m just waiting to see will the 3rd photo I submitted will pass their check , I’m just hoping I don’t get an email tomorrow to submit another photo as I’m traveling the 22nd July & done mine online 6/6.

Just checked online now & it says printing so happy days . What I done after someone on here suggested is went to Tesco & got photos done in the booths they have in the store & you get a code. Went out to my car & uploaded it on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mod-note:

Posts have been deleted by me due to:
    ~ I issued a warning to a poster for their online abuse to ANother poster
    ~ Posts were Not on-topic never mind in the spirit of our Travel forum and Passport thread(s) and borderline trolling imo.

Any issues; feel free to PM.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement