Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

kajzer wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Quick question, I need to fill Declaration form A for my son's passport. Issue is, who can sign it? I've sent all supporting documents, proof of address etc, everything seems fine, but they had a problem with a member of the Guardai signing it for me. Now I need to fill it out again and get it signed. I tried with my GP, however the receptionist said because i wasn't there since 2013 she's not sure if he will sign it. Can I get it signed by a solicitor?

Solicitor is OK. The list of acceptable witnesses is on page 3 here https://www.dfa.ie/media/dfa/alldfawebsitemedia/passportcitizenship/Declaration-Form-A.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

We used the owner of the crèche with no issues a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldbrain

Our newborns first passport online application was witnessed and signed by Garda for both Guardians. I requested Garda to stamp the form in addition to signature as mentioned in dfa website. But Garda mentioned for new online forms stamp is not needed, only signature is enough with entry in their log book and also there is no space for stamping in witness/consent forms generated with online application and mentioned they used to do it only for paper applications which had exclusive space for it. Anyone with recent experience of child's online first application, what was your experience like for this part of process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

kajzer wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Quick question, I need to fill Declaration form A for my son's passport. Issue is, who can sign it? I've sent all supporting documents, proof of address etc, everything seems fine, but they had a problem with a member of the Guardai signing it for me. Now I need to fill it out again and get it signed. I tried with my GP, however the receptionist said because i wasn't there since 2013 she's not sure if he will sign it. Can I get it signed by a solicitor?

I got the school principal once, and the accountant another time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

coldbrain wrote: »
    Our newborns first passport online application was witnessed and signed by Garda for both Guardians. I requested Garda to stamp the form in addition to signature as mentioned in dfa website. But Garda mentioned for new online forms stamp is not needed, only signature is enough with entry in their log book and also there is no space for stamping in witness/consent forms generated with online application and mentioned they used to do it only for paper applications which had exclusive space for it. Anyone with recent experience of child's online first application, what was your experience like for this part of process?

Have a quick look at the form again. The list of witnesses is on it.

• Advertisement

yenom wrote: »
    Have a quick look at the form again. The list of witnesses is on it.

Sorry my question was: with the online application for the kids the identity and consent form Garda need to sign and witness it. Gardai did sign my form and mentioned there is no need to stamp these new forms unlike the old paper applications as signature and entry in logbook is enough. Just wanted to check the recent experience of others who have done the same process online as the dfa website mentions stamp is also required with signature but there is no space in form and also form says only signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Sorry my question was: with the online application for the kids the identity and consent form Garda need to sign and witness it. Gardai did sign my form and mentioned there is no need to stamp these new forms unlike the old paper applications as signature and entry in logbook is enough. Just wanted to check the recent experience of others who have done the same process online as the dfa website mentions stamp is also required with signature but there is no space in form and also form says only signature.

Sorry, I replied to the wrong post.

Anyone recently received their Childs first time passport applied online? How many days it took. We applied as soon as they resumed processing, still not much progress now after more than two weeks. Estimated time is showing mid January. When I called them, they told it is still waiting to be scanned. We need to travel soon, bit worried on the processing time and if in case any more additional restriction comes in new year which might hamper processing again? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They didn’t stop processing, despite what the website states. I applied in mid November and it took a couple of days. New applications take longer obviously

Christmas holidays will slow down things too so however long it took people recently mightn’t be the best help for you

When are you due to travel?

Dodge wrote: »
    They didn’t stop processing, despite what the website states. I applied in mid November and it took a couple of days. New applications take longer obviously

Christmas holidays will slow down things too so however long it took people recently mightn’t be the best help for you

When are you due to travel?

Plan is Jan 1st weekend. Hopefully they sort it by that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone recently received their Childs first time passport applied online? How many days it took. We applied as soon as they resumed processing, still not much progress now after more than two weeks. Estimated time is showing mid January. When I called them, they told it is still waiting to be scanned. We need to travel soon, bit worried on the processing time and if in case any more additional restriction comes in new year which might hamper processing again? :(

Not to be the bearer of bad news but from site looks like are at least 20 working days which could be longer with being closed with the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SMR007

Just on the note of child first application online, we are about to apply. Just had the identity and witness forms signed by gardai. Earlier I thought we should get it signed by Garda for guardian A and for guardian B other witness like GP. But to my surprise Garda asked both to come in together and witnessed both guardians signature. Is it something new they started?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

SMR007 wrote: »
    Just on the note of child first application online, we are about to apply. Just had the identity and witness forms signed by gardai. Earlier I thought we should get it signed by Garda for guardian A and for guardian B other witness like GP. But to my surprise Garda asked both to come in together and witnessed both guardians signature. Is it something new they started?

For us (a few years ago) the same Garda witnessed for both parents. I thought that was the normal procedure.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not to be the bearer of bad news but from site looks like are at least 20 working days which could be longer with being closed with the restrictions.

It may also be sooner than you think.
    I applied online in last week of Nov and got an estimate of 11 Dec.
    Unfortunately, about a week after applying, it turned out I needed to provide a better photograph, and also to submit an additional document.
    After doing that there was no update on the website for a few days, but then I got an estimate of 29 Dec.
    Now, it has actually been printed and posted today.
    It is already with An Post, so I should get it on Monday, or maybe Tuesday because of Christmas post, but anyway much earlier than the estimated completion date.

But mine was an adult renewal. It maybe different for a child's first passport.

For us (a few years ago) the same Garda witnessed for both parents. I thought that was the normal procedure.

That’s good hassle free. Earlier I had the info from some others that usually they sign only guardian A and guardian B should go to some know person (one from the list) to witness. But sorted at the station for both parents by same Garda . :) may be a good info for folks as some GP’s charge up to €30 for this service

That’s good hassle free. Earlier I had the info from some others that usually they sign only guardian A and guardian B should go to some know person (one from the list) to witness. But sorted at the station for both parents by same Garda . :) may be a good info for folks as some GP’s charge up to €30 for this service

Maybe it depends whether the Garda or other witness knows both people.
    Although in our case I don't think they really knew either of us.

I applied online in last week of Nov and got an estimate of 11 Dec.
    Unfortunately, about a week after applying, it turned out I needed to provide a better photograph, and also to submit an additional document.
    After doing that there was no update on the website for a few days, but then I got an estimate of 29 Dec.
    Now, it has actually been printed and posted today.
    It is already with An Post, so I should get it on Monday, or maybe Tuesday because of Christmas post, but anyway much earlier than the estimated completion date.

But mine was an adult renewal. It maybe different for a child's first passport.

Hopefully fingers crossed. They mentioned documents are just opened and not yet scanned onto system but may be in a day or two. May be once it is scanned processing should be quicker as it’s just about verification. Hence asked for others experience how was their tracking or progress looked like after this step which could help our planning (although wild guess) including Christmas holiday which slows down processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Does anyone know if you are traveling in 2021 on an Irish passport to Europe from the uk, does your passport still need 6 months

....It is already with An Post, so I should get it on Monday, or maybe Tuesday because of Christmas post, but anyway much earlier than the estimated completion date...

Passport actually arrived yesterday, as there was a Saturday delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had to get a new passport as I lost my one and they rejected the picture three times! Thankfully the 4th time was successful. I uploaded the picture at about 1pm and had the passport the next morning before 10am. Incredible really. I was really panicky because the estimated issue date was the 30th of December and my flight is the 28th.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you are traveling in 2021 on an Irish passport to Europe from the uk, does your passport still need 6 months

I assume you mean "to an EU country" when you say "to Europe". If so, you will not need 6 months validity on your Irish passport. It will be valid for travel to any EU country right up to the expiry date. The relevant thing is that the Irish passport is an EU passport, not that you happen to be flying from the UK.
    https://www.dfa.ie/passports/questions/passport-validity-needed-for-overseas-travel/
    "What validity do I need on my Irish passport for overseas travel?
    This depends on where you're travelling to.
    European Union
    Your Irish Passport must be valid up to your return date."

For returning to the UK, your Irish passport will also be valid, as the existing Common Travel Area arrangements will continue to apply.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-the-uk-from-1-january-2021#what-youll-need-to-enter-the-uk

"Irish citizens will continue to be able to enter and live in the UK as they do now."

Passport actually arrived yesterday, as there was a Saturday delivery.

Congrats :D Good to see the progress.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I had to get a new passport as I lost my one and they rejected the picture three times! Thankfully the 4th time was successful. I uploaded the picture at about 1pm and had the passport the next morning before 10am. Incredible really. I was really panicky because the estimated issue date was the 30th of December and my flight is the 28th.

Good to know. Were the first 3 Photos rejected by the online system or the officer reviewing your application?

Good to know. Were the first 3 Photos rejected by the online system or the officer reviewing your application?

The reviewer. Last time I had a passport done (last summer :o) they rejected the pharamcy one and accepted my own selfie so tried the selfie twice and they rejected both and rejected my first one from the pharmacy.
    The pharmacy did again the following day for me free of charge.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The reviewer. Last time I had a passport done (last summer :o) they rejected the pharamcy one and accepted my own selfie so tried the selfie twice and they rejected both and rejected my first one from the pharmacy.
    The pharmacy did again the following day for me free of charge.

Photo is tricky one alright. Good that you are sorted. I am in process for my child for first time application. When they rejected, do you have to send the new photo via email to them or they will give you a link to upload again? Hope it won’t delay the application processing that much given the long turnaround times now.

Photo is tricky one alright. Good that you are sorted. I am in process for my child for first time application. When they rejected, do you have to send the new photo via email to them or they will give you a link to upload again? Hope it won’t delay the application processing that much given the long turnaround times now.

They send you an email with a link to upload and resubmission number

Level 5 with some exceptions from Christmas is announced. They also mention non-essential retail and services are open. Not sure where passport services will fall. Fingers crossed they don't close processing again. Hoping that they process already the ones which are applied online with documents in their system. :(

Ah I see I'm not the only one having photo difficulty. After eventually taking a pic that the online system accepted I received an email to say it wasn't ok. As well as that the Garda didn't record his signature in the log book when he signed the ID verification form for me :(

I went to Boots yesterday and took a pic in one of those booth things. Went through the online system again only to be told that the code I inputted was incorrect. It wasn't.
    It does say at the bottom of my photo that it may take 48hrs for it to work so maybe that's what it is.

Absolute pain.

Ah I see I'm not the only one having photo difficulty. After eventually taking a pic that the online system accepted I received an email to say it wasn't ok. As well as that the Garda didn't record his signature in the log book when he signed the ID verification form for me :(

I went to Boots yesterday and took a pic in one of those booth things. Went through the online system again only to be told that the code I inputted was incorrect. It wasn't.
    It does say at the bottom of my photo that it may take 48hrs for it to work so maybe that's what it is.

Absolute pain.

Oh god its a pain alright. When did you apply and sent the forms to them? We sent after 1st week of Dec and heard nothing yet and offices are closing again until further notice :(

• Advertisement

Oh god its a pain alright. When did you apply and sent the forms to them? We sent after 1st week of Dec and heard nothing yet and offices are closing again until further notice :(

I hope you hear soon. I had no idea it would be so.....challenging.

I applied the 14th of November. I was just on web chat with a staff member. He told me there doesn't seem to be a problem that end and I should contact Photo Me. I had some more questions so asked them but then I was thrown back in the queue :(

For Jaysus sake. I'm Irish and looking for an Irish passport. Can I not just send in my drivers license and a few pics of me on a night out :D

Advertisement