Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭beachhead

Hello! Just wondering what the situation is with a lost passport card - is this as serious a misstep as losing a passport book, as in could it effect the validity of future documents issued by the DFA? Not that I’ve actually heard of this, only the threat of it on the website and hearsay.

My card is up for renewal summer 2022 anyway, so if I say nothing will I get to renew without a bad mark against my name, or will there be a requirement to send back the old card before a renewal is processed?

As an aside - are passport cards still valid if you lose your passport book which they were issue under?

Many questions - any help much appreciated!
    The card has a different issue number to your passport and is valid for a shorter period than your passport.so I don't think losing your passport affects it.When you replace your pp I presume you need a new card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Does anyone know how long it takes for a passport card to be issued following the reception of passport book? I ordered my passport online in January (received within 5 days!) but the status of my card is still 'printing' 5 weeks later. Is this normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭McSween

If i have a passport and passport card can i only use one of them with Ryanair.

Two years ago we had gone through security and my dad left his passport in the car. He had to go back and get it. If he had had the card in his wallet would have been allowed board? I realise there are different numbers on a book and card. So do you have to choose one on check in online and stick with it? Or will Ryanair accept either at boarding?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

They will accept either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

McSween wrote: »
    If i have a passport and passport card can i only use one of them with Ryanair.

Two years ago we had gone through security and my dad left his passport in the car. He had to go back and get it. If he had had the card in his wallet would have been allowed board? I realise there are different numbers on a book and card. So do you have to choose one on check in online and stick with it? Or will Ryanair accept either at boarding?
    I have done this. No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Anyone have any issues getting a photo accepted online? Using iphone 7plus to take the photo. To my eye all the photos look good but I have been trying now for 45 minutes to upload a photo. Damn. Any tips?

Also I lost my passport card last year but it is expired now. Does this matter? I am abroad so taking some other options are not really an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Are we still officially in level 5 until May, which means the passport office will be closed until then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi ... Can I just my Public Services Card number to renew my Passport?? As in... they can bring over my profile picture taken for my Card and I can just pay the fee and job done???

Happy days??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Masala wrote: »
    Hi ... Can I just my Public Services Card number to renew my Passport?? As in... they can bring over my profile picture taken for my Card and I can just pay the fee and job done???

Happy days??

Nope. Need a photo for the passport application.

I submitted my father’s renewal earlier today and it is at ‘printing’ status already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 forgetfulme

any recommendations for posting a passport abroad? DHL? Registered post?

My above post: ordered the renewal on the 1st. He received it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

any recommendations for posting a passport abroad? DHL? Registered post?

There are some legal limitations for sending passport abroad. Just get some information about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I submitted my passport renewal online yesterday. My new passport arrived in the post today. One day later. Incredible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 forgetfulme

I submitted my passport renewal online yesterday. My new passport arrived in the post today. One day later. Incredible service.

Incredible. Was waiting months!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Apologies but I’m confused. Are they processing and sending out new passports? I’m getting mixed messages.

poisonated wrote: »
    Apologies but I’m confused. Are they processing and sending out new passports? I’m getting mixed messages.

Renewals, simple passports that do not require paperwork to be sent to passport office

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

My kids first passport application has started processing after months of sitting waiting. This suggests they are now back at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

damianmcr wrote: »
    My kids first passport application has started processing after months of sitting waiting. This suggests they are now back at work.

No unfortunately not - i think the system automatically updates the tracker.

Mine updated to processing 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed.

Anything that requires documentation is not being processed at all.

If renewing a child’s is the only requirement a new photo? Surely no other documentation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If renewing a child’s is the only requirement a new photo? Surely no other documentation?

They said it was the child's first passport.

They said it was the child's first passport.

In general, i mean. I have to do it at the end of the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

In general, i mean. I have to do it at the end of the years

I think that's completely straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

No unfortunately not - i think the system automatically updates the tracker.

Mine updated to processing 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed.

Anything that requires documentation is not being processed at all.
    When did you apply? Mines has been sitting like that for over 5 months and only recently changed.

Do you have estimated issue date?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Any body have any idea for my situation.
    I got a passport in May 2006 and it expired in May 2011.
    I read on there website that you could apply online one it was issued less than 15 years ago.(So, I would be scrapping the date).
    I went ahead with the application online to renew it and it seems to have worked.
    I applied last week and it just says processing when I try and track it.

Have I any hope of getting it?

Thanks in advance.

Why are the passport office saying they’ll start again in level 4. We’ve never been in level 4, and with the government easing restrictions gradually but still calling it level 5, surely the levels are meaningless now.

damianmcr wrote: »
    When did you apply? Mines has been sitting like that for over 5 months and only recently changed.

Do you have estimated issue date?

Thanks

i applied first week of Feb this year. Due date 8 April and obviously have not received it and no update on it. I'm not holding my breath...

I don't understand why one person cannot go in and sort through documentation theyre obviously just trying to block people travelling.

If you go onto the website the announcement re suspension is still there but at the track my passport link it says they are “working through all applications received during the period of suspended service”. Does anyone know is that’s new or did it always say that?

Beanybabog wrote: »
    If you go onto the website the announcement re suspension is still there but at the track my passport link it says they are “working through all applications received during the period of suspended service”. Does anyone know is that’s new or did it always say that?

That message has been there since December and is not accurate.

My tracker says they're processing my passport but i know they are not.

Check their twitter feed lots of updated information there and they've reiterated they are not processing anything with supplementary documents.

Best thing to do is contact local TD as closure of passport office currently is an absolute disgrace. Basically threaten them with not voting for them due to this issue, that's all they understand.

• Advertisement

My application was received on Feb 14 with an issue date of Feb 25th. The little green bar changes regularly from being close to full back to halfway point (I know this is not an accurate indicator). And shows 'last updated today at 13:20', even though no one has supposedly touched it. I wonder what the staff at home are doing.

Advertisement