Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nharrison02

Has anyone had a "Complex passport" application processed? Would be great to know when you sent the application and when you received the passport. The passport is for my son (under 18)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Has anyone had a "Complex passport" application processed? Would be great to know when you sent the application and when you received the passport. The passport is for my son (under 18)

Mine wasnt a child complex application but an adult complex renewal and it took 51 days start to finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,827 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

renewed yesterday evening online, requested book and card, so we ll see how long it takes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I applied for my child’s passport 3 months 1 week ago. Only sent supporting docs in April when it looked like things were moving. It’s still processing - issue date estimate has long been and gone. I’m not hopeful it’ll arrive any time soon, it’s a first application and usually you get a call about consent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,827 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    renewed yesterday evening online, requested book and card, so we ll see how long it takes

passport arrived this morning, card to follow, now thats quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭rob316

In a panic now, booked holidays for 27th July, had no idea passports were taking this long. I need a childs first time, applied online and I'm posting consent form now. Is there any hope or should I change the dates if I can?

I ordered a passport card last week (separate to my book because I honestly forgot to order together) and when I track my application this is what I get! Anyone else? Says it doesn't exist in their database even though I have the application number correct.

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    You can't have a passport card without a passport book. If your book is somewhere in the system (but not issued yet) then your card has no book attached to it so can't be valid.

I already have my book! after I got it I ordered a card because I forgot to order them together

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

rob316 wrote: »
    In a panic now, booked holidays for 27th July, had no idea passports were taking this long. I need a childs first time, applied online and I'm posting consent form now. Is there any hope or should I change the dates if I can?
    Im waiting 6 months for childs first passport after applying online.

damianmcr wrote: »
    Im waiting 6 months for childs first passport after applying online.

Ya but they weren't really processing them this year so your in a backlog. I would hope they have that cleared in the next month. Pre covid they had the capacity to do 120k a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

Cookiee wrote: »
    Ah ok glad I'm not alone, must be fine since they're sending them out like that! Yeah also cannot seem my features, like my nose is not visible! Can't see the shadow of the sides of my nose or anything, oh well at least it's here.

Border control will obviously accept it since it was good enough for the passport office to issue it!.

I never got a problem with my picture it was submitted first time no need to resubmit, that's mad they sent yours anyway after asking for a new picture, but must be grand then!

Glad I'm not the only one! When I first saw my picture I thought they'd made a mistake...was thinking theres no way I'd get through passport control with my ghoul-like photo :pac: wonder are all new passports being issued like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Ellie1988 wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one! When I first saw my picture I thought they'd made a mistake...was thinking theres no way I'd get through passport control with my ghoul-like photo :pac: wonder are all new passports being issued like this?

The biometric chip in the passport contains an accurate picture of the holder.

Ellie1988 wrote: »

Haha seems like a lot of people's picture is like this! Could be a new way they're issuing them yeah

Applying for child's first passport, I need to send our passports for the application. Mine is expired since Feb, I've applied for a renewal but I'm under pressure to get this application in. Can I send my expired passport or do I have to wait for my new one?

Applying for child's first passport, I need to send our passports for the application. Mine is expired since Feb, I've applied for a renewal but I'm under pressure to get this application in. Can I send my expired passport or do I have to wait for my new one?

I believe the Passport has to be in date, but I'd ask them to confirm that

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Your birth certificate will do too if you were born in Ireland. It's to prove your child's entitlement to Irish citizenship. You could chance your expired passport. Your citizenship doesn't expire just because your passport has.

Your birth certificate will do too if you were born in Ireland. It's to prove your child's entitlement to Irish citizenship. You could chance your expired passport. Your citizenship doesn't expire just because your passport has.

Tore the house out for my birth cert no luck, and you cant get one due to the HSE hack. Its all going against me :eek:

I believe the Passport has to be in date, but I'd ask them to confirm that

easier said than done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

easier said than done!

You could be lucky but booking a trip without a passport is a gamble in normal times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Applied for a renewal on Saturday and it's showing as printed and posted yesterday. Very impressed to see things flowing on the Sunday of a bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement

jhegarty wrote: »
    Applied for a renewal on Saturday and it's showing as printed and posted yesterday. Very impressed to see things flowing on the Sunday of a bank holiday weekend.

Ya just checked mine, ordered Friday, its been posted already. Excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Recently naturalised citizen, applied online 09 Feb 2021.
    Waited to submit supporting docs until they reopened end of april/start of may. Initial issue date was 25 May. Still showing processing, but was just onto their webchat and they told me its approved and should be with me soon.

I ordered a passport card last week (separate to my book because I honestly forgot to order together) and when I track my application this is what I get! Anyone else? Says it doesn't exist in their database even though I have the application number correct.

I've checked @passportirl on twitter and other people are having this problem when they track their passport, saying that it doesn't exist. At least I'm not alone, it'll be a suprise when it comes (ordered a card)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Did anyone receive a first time passport since restrictions were lifted?

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive a first time passport since restrictions were lifted?

Mine changed to printing last night. Further details of my application are a post or 2 before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Jacovs wrote: »
    Mine changed to printing last night. Further details of my application are a post or 2 before this.

Thank you! I'm in the similar situation: applied in Feb, sent documents early May with the estimated issue date being 31st of May. Hopefully this ends soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Was this a child's passport or adult?

damianmcr wrote: »
    Was this a child's passport or adult?

If directed at me, it is an adult passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

If a passport expires in September 2021, and a trip is planned for July/August and then also in October 2021 is it safer to apply now online, or after the July/August trip?

I also tried looking for this info all across the internet, but what happens to the old passport? Is it still usable until its expiry date, until I receive the new passport or is my old passport invalid as soon as I submit the online application?

• Advertisement

If a passport expires in September 2021, and a trip is planned for July/August and then also in October 2021 is it safer to apply now online, or after the July/August trip?

I also tried looking for this info all across the internet, but what happens to the old passport? Is it still usable until its expiry date, until I receive the new passport or is my old passport invalid as soon as I submit the online application?

If its a simple adult online renewal you'll have it by Monday.

They cancel your old passport once the new one is issued.

Advertisement