Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

If a passport expires in September 2021, and a trip is planned for July/August and then also in October 2021 is it safer to apply now online, or after the July/August trip?

I also tried looking for this info all across the internet, but what happens to the old passport? Is it still usable until its expiry date, until I receive the new passport or is my old passport invalid as soon as I submit the online application?

The old one is invalid once the new one is issued, so the day the new one is printed and sent is when the old one is invalid, I would apply now if it's a simple renewal you'll probably get it in a few days and then you're safe to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Hi guys , passport query as the phone lines at passport office and the we chat are closed so there is literally no way to contact them (wtf)

Applied for first passport for a child a month ago online. Forms signed and sent via registered post (delivered to passport office in a day or two)

The online passport tracker still says on hold pending receipt of documents

Does this mean they have lost them or are they sitting in a big pile somewhere in the passport office waiting to be added to the system?

The turn around time for first time passport online is around 8 weeks but this is from date of receipt or documents. Am anxious as they received the docs a month ago but not anywhere on system yet

Any info would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Edit: just read some older posts. I see there are delays. Did others have similar issue where it said waiting for receipt of documents for ages (months??)
    Not due to fly for a couple of months so I hope the 3+ months will be sufficient time for them to issue the passport

Hi guys , passport query as the phone lines at passport office and the we chat are closed so there is literally no way to contact them (wtf)

Applied for first passport for a child a month ago online. Forms signed and sent via registered post (delivered to passport office in a day or two)

The online passport tracker still says on hold pending receipt of documents

Does this mean they have lost them or are they sitting in a big pile somewhere in the passport office waiting to be added to the system?

The turn around time for first time passport online is around 8 weeks but this is from date of receipt or documents. Am anxious as they received the docs a month ago but not anywhere on system yet

Any info would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Edit: just read some older posts. I see there are delays. Did others have similar issue where it said waiting for receipt of documents for ages (months??)
    Not due to fly for a couple of months so I hope the 3+ months will be sufficient time for them to issue the passport

If you sent the documents and it still says pending, it means your documents haven't been scanned in yet and are in the queue, once it changes to "processing" it means the documents have been opened and scanned in, for me took 1 week to change to processing from pending receipt of documents(adult complex renewal) so I am not sure about a child's application but they seem to take 8 weeks at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I just got a child’s first passport today. Applied online in February but didn’t send the supporting docs until April. The tracker updated to processing almost straight after I sent the supporting docs with an issue date of 10th May. We didn’t get a call from them for consent like the last ones

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I just got a child’s first passport today. Applied online in February but didn’t send the supporting docs until April. The tracker updated to processing almost straight after I sent the supporting docs with an issue date of 10th May. We didn’t get a call from them for consent like the last ones
    Does the tracker say dispatched? Im waiting on a childs, sent in 7 months ago and supporting docs sent in around Jan.

• Advertisement

damianmcr wrote: »
    Does the tracker say dispatched? Im waiting on a childs, sent in 7 months ago and supporting docs sent in around Jan.

It’s updated now but it wasn’t the day before I got it. I’d contact them if I was you- easier said than done I know, I couldn’t get on the web chat ever, but from reading on here if the application is over 6 months old you might have to redo it, or get a new photo? I’d try establish that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭volchitsa

It’s updated now but it wasn’t the day before I got it. I’d contact them if I was you- easier said than done I know, I couldn’t get on the web chat ever, but from reading on here if the application is over 6 months old you might have to redo it, or get a new photo? I’d try establish that

That's what happened us with my son (born abroad but entitled to an Irish passport) - he sent it off way before lockdown, they sent it back because one of the documents wasn't properly signed (I forget the detail but it wasn't really his fault, it was someone else), so he got that done and sent it all off again at the start of lockdown, and then in December got all his documents back with a new cheque to refund the one he originally sent, and a note to say he had to reapply after lockdown. FFS. So now he's had to do it all over again.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

how long have people been waiting for their passport cards after you get the passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

dubmick wrote: »
    how long have people been waiting for their passport cards after you get the passport?

I ordered passport + card together on 23/4, had the passport book by the 28/4, but still haven't received the card :(

Ordered a card 2 weeks ago, no sign yet of it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got my passport on 28th May, and still waiting for my card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So sent in first time time childs application last week, just updated now that its processing and the estimate is the 5th July. I'm supposed to be travelling on the 27th July. I should be alrite so, even if the estimate goes over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Jacovs

rob316 wrote: »
    So sent in first time time childs application last week, just updated now that its processing and the estimate is the 5th July. I'm supposed to be travelling on the 27th July. I should be alrite so, even if the estimate goes over?

Did you send your own passport with it as supporting documentation?
    In which case your own passport wont be returned until 10-15 working days after the child passport is posted to you.

rob316 wrote: »
    Doubt it.

You should call them and give them your flight details. They will add to your application and hopefully prioritise.

Jacovs wrote: »
    In which case your own passport wont be returned until 10-15 working days after the child passport is posted to you.

I got the child’s passport on Friday and the supporting docs today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I got the child’s passport on Friday and the supporting docs today.

Thats good to hear they are quicker at returning supporting documents.
    Never could understand why they dont return the supporting documents as soon as they uploaded it to their systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jacovs wrote: »

Ya we sent in our passports. Wtf! Why can't they all just be sent back together.

Today
    16/06/2021
    Processing application
    Your application is being processed

Today
    16/06/2021
    Alert
    On hold, pending receipt of documentation

2 months 2 weeks 2 days ago
    01/04/2021
    Processing application
    Your application is being processed

7 months 1 week 1 day ago
    10/11/2020
    Alert
    On hold, pending receipt of documentation

What does this mean?:confused:

Told today there had been an error with cases so old that they had to do a fix to stop them automatically being cancelled.

Managed to speak to customer service today, because when I track my application for my passport card it says it doesn't exist in the database even though I use the correct tracking number, the customer service agent was able to find my application and said it will be issued in 1 to 2 weeks, so hopefully it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Ordered my Passport renewal yesterday at 0800, postman just dropped it off a while ago. Unreal quick service

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

votecounts wrote: »
    Ordered my Passport renewal yesterday at 0800, postman just dropped it off a while ago. Unreal quick service

Hi you mean you done renewal online yesterday the 22nd and received it today the 23rd ??

votecounts wrote: »

Applied for passport online first time application on 27 /01/21 was sitting doing nothing till 04/05/21. Then spent 4 week's trying to get resubmission finally got link sorted and posted documentation on 05/06/21 said on passport tracking received 08/06 /21 processing application ...
    Next day and every day since it's saying including today 23rd June on hold awaiting receipt of documentation .
    Anyone know what's going on.

Boghouse51 wrote: »
    Hi you mean you done renewal online yesterday the 22nd and received it today the 23rd ??

Yep, ironic that the tracking says it will be dispatched 5th July

Applied for passport online first time application on 27 /01/21 was sitting doing nothing till 04/05/21. Then spent 4 week's trying to get resubmission finally got link sorted and posted documentation on 05/06/21 said on passport tracking received 08/06 /21 processing application ...
    Next day and every day since it's saying including today 23rd June on hold awaiting receipt of documentation .

Just got lucky I suppose myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Sounds like they haven't processed the documents yet.

on passport cards, spoke to the Passport Office today. They said there are delays in the factory and it will be another few weeks.

Sounds like they haven't processed the documents yet.

Rang them today seems they sent me a email on 8th June say i had to submit documentation. As I already had posted my documentation on 4 th thought it was a overlap.
    Turns out they won't accept my witness as she isn't a state registered nurse. But failed to make that explicitly clear in the email I received.
    So am going to have to submit news photos and witness identify form.
    Would put years on you they would try the patience of a bloody saint😭

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

on passport cards, spoke to the Passport Office today. They said there are delays in the factory and it will be another few weeks.
    Thanks, that's good to know. :) Just a month now after getting my passport, and still no card, so I was beginning to wonder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Just to say I finally got my card this morning, just over 2 months after I ordered. So hopefully they are now getting through them.

Advertisement