Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Just to say I finally got my card this morning, just over 2 months after I ordered. So hopefully they are now getting through them.

That's good to hear, hopefully have mine soon too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Would the fact my old passport expired in March '20 delay matters? Just applied online and received the automated acknowledgement. What's everyone's guess on the latest ETA?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Would the fact my old passport expired in March '20 delay matters? Just applied online and received the automated acknowledgement. What's everyone's guess on the latest ETA?

No wouldn't matter unless it's more than 15 years expired I think. If it's a simple renewal you get get it as fast as 1-7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

Evening all.
    Am confused as regards where I submit a new a witness form.
    On paper work I printed off it says mount Street Dublin. On email passport office sent me yesterday it says online passport application po box 12986 Balbriggan co Dublin k32 Ae72. Also is it the application number that witness prints on photographs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Boghouse51 wrote: »
    Evening all.
    Am confused as regards where I submit a new a witness form.
    On paper work I printed off it says mount Street Dublin. On email passport office sent me yesterday it says online passport application po box 12986 Balbriggan co Dublin k32 Ae72. Also is it the application number that witness prints on photographs ?
    Send them to Balbriggan. Photos are only digital.

• Advertisement

yenom wrote: »
    Send them to Balbriggan. Photos are only digital.

I've got new photos and submitted my application online.
    Passport checker now says application being processed issue date 27/06/21???
    I haven't posted documentation yet will do tomorrow morning can't understand it???

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭mankteln

Applying for 1st passport for our son and just wanted to check it's all original documents we have to submit? So his original birth cert, and both our actual passports? Seems mad to be sending them all in the post but I suppose they have to be sure to prevent any deceit as much as they can!
    Also it says on the cover page it says to send documents to verify citizenship but he's born in Ireland and we're both Irish/submitting Irish passports so I'm assuming that covers it? Doesn't mention any other documents required but unsure why they've included this in the cover sheet list?

mankteln wrote: »
    Applying for 1st passport for our son and just wanted to check it's all original documents we have to submit? So his original birth cert, and both our actual passports? Seems mad to be sending them all in the post but I suppose they have to be sure to prevent any deceit as much as they can!
    Also it says on the cover page it says to send documents to verify citizenship but he's born in Ireland and we're both Irish/submitting Irish passports so I'm assuming that covers it? Doesn't mention any other documents required but unsure why they've included this in the cover sheet list?[/quote
    Proof of address proof of name utility bill ect.

Also it says on the cover page it says to send documents to verify citizenship but he's born in Ireland and we're both Irish/submitting Irish passports so I'm assuming that covers it? Doesn't mention any other documents required but unsure why they've included this in the cover sheet list?[/quote

• Advertisement

Apologies made a mess of that.
    Still trying to find my way around site.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Also it says on the cover page it says to send documents to verify citizenship but he's born in Ireland and we're both Irish/submitting Irish passports so I'm assuming that covers it? Doesn't mention any other documents required but unsure why they've included this in the cover sheet list?

Parent can send their Irish birth cert instead of passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

yep, and to establish the childs right to Irish nationality you dont even need it from both parents.
    We just sent the wifes cert as mine has gone AWOL and it did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭mankteln

Thanks, not sure if we'd be able to dig them out at as I'd say they're in our own respective parents houses. I've a validated photocopy of my birth cert but the requirement for original documents is making me think that might not be suitable. Am I correct in thinking that your saying the parent's birth cert needs to be included to prove citizenship? Passport not sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

Thanks, not sure if we'd be able to dig them out at as I'd say they're in our own respective parents houses. I've a validated photocopy of my birth cert but the requirement for original documents is making me think that might not be suitable. Am I correct in thinking that your saying the parent's birth cert needs to be included to prove citizenship? Passport not sufficient?

If you can't find your Birth Certificate you can order one for €20 plus €1.50 postage. You can phone any Civil Registration Office and pay by card and you will have it in the post the next working day. https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/contact-a-civil-registration-service.html (Any office can do this; it doesn't have to be the one for the County where you were born).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If you can't find your Birth Certificate you can order one for €20 plus €1.50 postage. You can phone any Civil Registration Office and pay by card and you will have it in the post the next working day. https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/contact-a-civil-registration-service.html (Any office can do this; it doesn't have to be the one for the County where you were born).

I'm not sure you can get any certs now due to the HSE hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

rob316 wrote: »
    I'm not sure you can get any certs now due to the HSE hack.

Yes, you can get them, by phone order.
    "Civil registration offices are currently unable to process orders for certificates made online or by e-mail. .... You can also apply to your local civil registration office for a certificate by post or by phone."
    And if you cannot get through to a particular office, you can call any of the others around the country.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Paasport or birth cert can both be used to prove citizenship. It's just handier to use your birth cert if you have it.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what progress is like on the backlog? Hoping to travel end of July but waiting on 1st time passport for child. Tracker is saying 5th July but I presume their is no chance of that. Guess I'll know if that estimate is way off in another few days.

Coveney said there is capacity to do 120,000 a month so I'm remaining hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

You can send a certified copy of a passport. Take a photocopy and get the Gardai to stamp the copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Received in the post today. 5 day turnaround including the weekend. Excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

If your child was born in Ireland, and either parent was born in Ireland (on the island of Ireland) you send an original long form birth certificate of a parent, not a passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Does anyone know what progress is like on the backlog? Hoping to travel end of July but waiting on 1st time passport for child. Tracker is saying 5th July but I presume their is no chance of that. Guess I'll know if that estimate is way off in another few days.

Coveney said there is capacity to do 120,000 a month so I'm remaining hopeful.

when did you start the application, just out of interest?

i sent mine for first childs passport on 21st may (sent docs immediately after doing the online thing) and it still says pending receipt of documentation even though it was delivered by registered post the next day..

6 weeks later and still waiting for the passport tracker to update to confirm receipt of documents! crazy.. presume it will take another 8+ weeks between them opening the envelope and processing the application before we have a chance of getting passports.

best of luck with getting docs back before end of july

i sent mine for first childs passport on 21st may (sent docs immediately after doing the online thing) and it still says pending receipt of documentation even though it was delivered by registered post the next day..

6 weeks later and still waiting for the passport tracker to update to confirm receipt of documents! crazy.. presume it will take another 8+ weeks between them opening the envelope and processing the application before we have a chance of getting passports.

I did mine on the 4th of June, tracking says they received docs on the 10th June and mine updated to processing a few days later.

I'd get in contact with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I sent qualifying documents in on the 4 May. It was at the 'pending' stage for an age with an estimated fullfilment date of 25 May.

I finally received my Passport on the 11 June and the return of my documents a week later.

The wife has just rang to say the Passport card has just been delivered this morning.

I did mine on the 4th of June, tracking says they received docs on the 10th June and mine updated to processing a few days later.

I'd get in contact with them

Just rang passport office cos application tracker has said pending receipt of docs for six weeks (even tho they were delivered via on post registered post on 21st May). Guy on phone told me it would be at least 12 more weeks from now as they have 90,000 backlog. I said is there any chance it’ll be sooner and his answer was that there was people that applied in November still waiting. That is a shambles :(

Just rang passport office cos application tracker has said pending receipt of docs for six weeks (even tho they were delivered via on post registered post on 21st May). Guy on phone told me it would be at least 12 more weeks from now as they have 90,000 backlog. I said is there any chance it’ll be sooner and his answer was that there was people that applied in November still waiting. That is a shambles :(

I changed my holiday to the end of the August but even that could be looking dodgy :mad:

• Advertisement

i hope the guy was being ultra conservative to avoid setting expectations

i was a bit taken aback by his response being that there were 'people waiting from november' when i asked if any chance of getting it before 12 weeks from now (18+ weeks in total).

its kinda like he was setting the bar of incompetency so high to lower my expectations to the lowest possible point. strange approach but it is a government agency so shouldnt come as much of a surprise.

Advertisement