Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SoloVoyager

Thanks for the comments, Boghouse51. Yes, it seems diabolical, and is very frustrating todate. Here's hoping you, I, and all others who are waiting on their passports receive them shortly and without further undue delay. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I find it hard to believe their backlog story either -- it's freaking 1st Sept. today, and they've been working on applications in the office since May when Ireland moved to Level 4.

Post edited by SoloVoyager on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SoloVoyager

Caranica, you've highlighted an important point: estimated issue dates ought not be generic. The issue dates now therefore have to be taken with a grain of salt. Still, trying to be positive, I'm hoping for an expediting of passports soon. New month, new hopes, eh?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

I spoke with someone in the passport office this morning. Unfortunately won't be any passport for me this week. The earlier issue date of 30 Aug was correct if photo was OK. But when re-requested on 27 Aug it then needs to be manually re-checked so new issue date of 10 Sept is correct. Frustrating when photo was actually taken and uploaded by pharmacy. But nothing I can do. Just take the hit on booking other airline that allows driver licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

I'd ask them why they were taking from 16/08/21 to 30/08/21in the first place as some on here were getting a three or 4 Day turnaround for straight forward renewals.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

I got snotty with someone on Webchat about the time taken for a renewal (5 months) and kindly ask could they bump my file up the line. Told the processing system is the system and they cant so that!! So advised that it is not a sign of good service and they just closed down the chat thread mid-sentance by advising 'contact them in a couple of weeks' and wished me a good day.!

Classy....

• Advertisement

Don't know anymore really don't.

No point contacting dfa passport office by telephone or web chat no further forward technically than I was 9 months ago.

All they do is push the issue date further a week or so .Had been hoping to go to Spain to visit relatives in September would be too risky to book for end of September provisionally on receiving passport...

In my opinion some organisation should be looking into the day to day hopeless administration of dfa passport office.

Does anyone know if they are working late nights or sat and Sunday at present?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

What's the general consensus on a Child Passport renewal (online application)?

The estimated issue date is showing as 20 September (exactly 3 weeks after the completed consent form was received) and its currently in a state of 'processing application'. Photo's were taken on my phone and submitted online (and accepted by their online photo system). I'm due to fly on 15 October, so I've got a bit over 3 weeks leeway.

For what should be a straightforward child renewal, are their estimated dates accurate? I'm reading a lot of stories here of applications taking months on end, but are these cases all complex applications?

As far as I can see most child renewals are straight forward. Some so called first time applications seem to be processed quickly for others its months on end .

Good luck on a speedy turn around.

Managed to get on webchat today and guess what they haven't even scanned my documents on same as solo voyager.

Beggars belief it really does absolutely scandalous . Tried telling agent I wanted to visit relatives in Spain later this month.

She replied I'm sorry and apologized twice more and admitted the delay was at their end end break down of communication between two departments. ie in one department following up with forwarding documentation. Tbh I don't believe a word of it.

Question if your application on tracker changes from application pending to your application is being processed doesn't that mean your documentation is scanned on ??????.

Anyways agent apologized another time and stated hopefully your passport will be with you in the next 3 weeks. Absolutely fecking useless to say the least......

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭mankteln

Have had our sons application (first passport) in since 27/6/21, obviously the estimated date is a complete work of fiction so had been working on the 40 working days/two months assumption but that has now passed too. There shouldn't be anything complex about our application but the stories in this thread aren't giving me too much hope of it arriving soon :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 2zefirki

Same here.application in since 29.06.nothing coming anytime soon my feelings tell me.but I know 2 families whi got first time passports for babies within 6 weeks.and they never asked to speed things up as were going nowhere anyway.just bizzare.i am not even gonna mention how it is affecting my family.my wife is depressed over it as her family abroad.our eldest son had reabilitation in august in wifes country,and it wasnt successfull as he had no mother by his side there.because we couldnt go,as no passport for a baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭mankteln

God that's a terrible situation, I really hope you get sorted soon.

We had planned to travel in September ourselves but held off as in the back of my mind I thought this may happen. Disappointed to be proven right though

Sorry for your situation terrible for you and family.

I should add when talking to agent on webchat yesterday whe she told me hopefully your passport will be with you in three weeks I replied your colleagues have told me 23rd July 30th aug and finally the 1st week of September for you to tell me another 3 weeks I simply don't believe you.

Ya... shame to say it thy just hiding behind Webchat and going thru the motions. They have no power or authority to sort problems and just waste peoples time with standard reply

must be a great job.....winding people up with lies.

My frustration is boiling over now..... any advice of how to escalate my Application.

What kind of government body has NO email address?? And a Webchat that closes 5 minutes after opening. The whole website is about 'dont bother us'... No social media /FB/Twitter etc. They just hiding in a closed room somewhere stealing a living.

anyone got an email direct to Minister responsible for this dept??

Am sorely tempted to go on Joe Duffy to have a good moan and let off steam.

aaaaaggggggggggg!!!

Simon convey minister for foreign affairs and defence .

He can be contacted through the dfa website ....

Good luck with that.

Today I was dropping child to school and while waiting by the school gate looked at Track my passport(do it everyday for the past 9 weeks,crazy me).so still said processing.I got home...and in the post box was my babies new passport.had to pinch myself,if I was dreaming.Thank God all this passport saga finished.and they do work weekends,passport issue date is sundat(5th sept)

I hope you all get sorted soon.This passport nightmare nearly caused a divorce in my family.wife was at the lowest low without able to see her family during summer(last time was 2 years ago)...

Just wanted to add on top of the wating for passport,we waited 2 months for birth cert to be issued to apply for that bloody passport..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

He has other things on his mind at the moment, like trying to keep his job.

I presume he has ordered all supervisors, managers, assistant principles etc to process passports until the backlog is cleared. And offered them overtime so it can take place 24/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭cml387

Probably not helpful, but my other half applied for a renewal passport on line yesterday afternoon. It arrived this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Seems to be no proper queuing system in place. My wife applied for a renewal passport on Sunday 29th August, and it's still at the "Processing application" stage per the tracker

Webchat seems to be the greatest waste of time ever. Just repeat the status from the tracker back to you, and then say they aren't able to contact the checking team for an update. Joke of a service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,683 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have people with a straight forward online renewal generally been getting them in 10 working days? I'm on day 10 today but no sign yet. Not flying till the end of Sept but if it doesn't arrive by the 20th or so then it's time to panic.

My OH hit day 10 today - webchat said application hasn’t even been checked yet as of this afternoon

I just checked mine on the tracker system and it is saying it will be dispatched on the 14th so a 4-5 day delay is fine by me so long as it does show up by next Wednesday

For those whose passport is overdue once it gets to 10 days before your holiday Id contact a TD and a good one. I had to do that before with my last application 10 years ago. Usual story applied 1 month in advance for a 10 day service and 7 days out I still didnt have it. A good TD has a back channel into the passport office and s/he usually has a direct phone line to a manager in there so it gets sorted. In my own case if it wasnt for my local TD my whole holiday was down the toilet, of that Ive no doubt. I only got it the day before travel but if I had of done nothing I wasnt going anywhere.

My wife’s is still saying expected date of 10th September.

Status is still “Your application is being processed” which suggests it still hasn’t even been looked at

jaysis thats not good. Is your holiday nearing? Im flying the 30th so will wait till the 20th before hitting panic mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

I applied 11am on Wednesday and got it on Thursday.

Due to travel on the 18th. Travelling with my own company, so at least we’ll get our fare back if it comes to it, and hotel is refundable up to Friday night cancellation

Fallback plan is to head over to Cornwall for the week instead - fingers crossed we don’t need to 🤞🏻

• Advertisement

Status updated this morning to say it’s been dispatched

Advertisement