Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

baby online first application:

Initial Online Application: 29.04.21

because we was waiting very long for birth certificate

Posted Documentation:14.07.21

Received documentation: 15.07.2021

Estimated issue date: 20.09.2021

Today is 97 days - 14 weeks (average turnaround times 40 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Masala6

Baby first application received: 06.07.2021

Estimated:16.09.2021

Still nothing, unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Del007

<email address removed>

I was told that the above email is the best person to deal with in regards to a first time passport.

Just sent her an email myself

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

The passport office is a joke and she needs to be made aware of it, the more people who email her, the better

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maxderby

Hi

First time post here.

I applied for my passport in early September and the tracker was updated to say they received it on the 9th September. My target issue date is the 4th November and I’m just wondering what the chances are that it will come in around then or after? It hasn’t moved from Processing Application since it changed to that.

I need it by the 25th November as I’m going to Scotland on the 26th November. Now I know I don’t need a passport however I only have one form of ID and that was sent off with my passport form as well as my birth certificate. So if my passport doesn’t come, I’m still screwed as I don’t have any form of ID at all.

I have applied for a CitizenCard to get a form of ID. I’m waiting on my referee to confirm and I’ve paid extra for urgent delivery so it’ll take 1-2 days to post. So that is my backup plan. But God knows if it will go right. Because I’m on my second referee and they won’t return phone calls.

I’m concerned that by 25th November I won’t have any ID to go on the plane 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I have sent her an email & 2 other TD's in my constituenty, the TD's replied and are willing to help...

Is it a first time passport? If it is, then the TD's won't do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aaron31

Does anyone know how long it takes for first time passport application tracker moved into process ,does any one know how long it takes wen the tracker updates to process

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I believe processing is a default stage it goes into after they receive all documents, it stays there for as long as it takes... I think it changes around the passport due date on the tracking.

• Advertisement

Would they've let me know if I needed mor documents by now my estimated date is 3 November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Not necessarily. They don’t contact you until they actually start processing it. It was after my estimated date before they even contacted me for more documents.

Iv sent my public service card birth certificate and revenue letter for proof off adress ,do ye think this is enough documents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not won't, can't. The extra checks for first passport are time consuming and very important. The Irish passport is among the most secure in the world which is why they take so long. There's no "jumping the queue".

Complain all you want but the passport office will tell you that the advice is not to book travel without a valid passport.

Not can't, won't.

My issue is that fact the my application went to the back of the queue after they asked us for more documents. This was after them having our application for 9 weeks.

I can assure you it's can't. I've been that soldier (staff). Passport office will give leeway on certain things but first passports and repeatedly lost passports they give zero flexibility.

What are the checks they do? My application is with them now over 3 months, that's a ridiculous amount of time

We got the guards to sign the application as our witness, they checked our passports to verify who we are.

I just had a live chat with the DFA. They informed me that application is waiting to be assigned a checker. They received my application 2 months ago and they still haven’t even looked at it 😨😭 I asked them to explain the steps and how long the time frame should be and they said it’s taking over 8 weeks due to to the amounts to be scanned. The aim is 5th November but there is no guarantee that they can make it by the 25th November (I leave on the 26th November). They’ve noted my travel date in my application file.

So because it hasn’t been checked by a checker yet, it means if there is anything wrong with my documentation, then more time will be spent having to send it over again.

😒

That's what happened with me, we sent in the new document that they required and then we went to the back of the queue.

It took them over 9 weeks to check our paperwork, we sent it in mid July but now the estimated date is December 6 :(

It’s an absolute disgrace. What’s more upsetting for me is that I’m trying to get a Citizen Card and I’ve used my referee as my dentist surgery and even though they agreed and were happy to do it, they’ve ignored my emails and won’t return Citizen Card voicemails. I’m calling them tomorrow to tell them to get it done, it literally will take two seconds. I’m sitting here, 4 weeks to travel with no ID and no passport because of the shambles the DFA is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

We applied for baby's first passport at the end of June, documents sent and received the first week of July. Estimated date 4th of August (ha!).

Nearly 4 months now and no sign of passport. Apparently it's with a checker but checks take a long time because we are both foreign.

Does anyone know what the checker actually does? In our case, do they have to contact our home country to verify our identity or something like that?

Yes they will check with your home country, some have significant delays on their side. For adults they do police checks too but I'm not sure if they do those for babies of foreign nationals or its just identities/nationalities of parents that are checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

Today I received email from passport office that our son passport application has expired and they can't extend the time. They have all documents but they will send them back. This is crazy because now once I will apply again this will be 2022.

Dear xxx,

Thank you for using our online service to apply for xxx passport. We have noticed an issue with xxx application which we hope can be easily resolved.

Unfortunately, you have not submitted the required documentation within the timeframe for this application. The application has now expired. You will receive a refund of the fee you paid in due course and you can reapply online.

Once your reply is received and the issue is resolved, we will aim to process xxx application within 10 working days.

Regards,

Cathy D

The Passport Service

Can anyone tell me if a letter from the revenue with my name and address be accepted for proof of address for first time passport application

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

It will be accepted but you need to send a second document from another source for your proof of name like a bank statement or a pay slip

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

it should do but you can’t double up on the documents apparently so you won’t be able to use it for your photo id also

I just found this I'm just praying it's tru 😂 my passport is due Wednesday I hope they don't need me to submit more documents I be waiting months 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paid for Passport renewal today

Would there be any hope of receiving it in the post by 15th/16th November? Looking to head away last minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

If it's a simple adult renewal then yes it's possible! Some people get it in a few days, but also, it could take weeks, so who knows

Advertisement