Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super High Bill

Options
  • 21-03-2019 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Hi there 
    We got our bill yesterday and to say that I nearly had a heart attack when I opened it wouldnt be lying. 
    We moved to our current house last summer. The highest bill for us since then was around €170 for the 2 month period. 
    Imagine my shock to get a bill for nearly €800 yesterday! 
    Nothing has changed on our end in terms of usage
    Could you check this for me please? 
    Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Usually happens if your previous bills were estimated and then an actual reading is taken.

If the estimates were too low then you’ve to make up the difference now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

amcalester wrote: »
    Usually happens if your previous bills were estimated and then an actual reading is taken.

If the estimates were too low then you’ve to make up the difference now.
    I did think of that but the meter was read in November so the €800 plus what we paid on the estimate bill of aprox €150 would mean an average of €240ish a month would still be waaaay more than it should be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Have you checked the reading on the bill against the meter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi dragonfly,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Just private message me the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth.

We will review as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement