Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gf's heart is all over the place, doctors haven't a clue. Have fun

• 21-03-2019 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭

So the Gf had to leave cinema last night before movie finished and go to a&e as her heart rate was about 180 and had been for about an hour of the movie. And gor the whole night until this morning.

Anyways she was hooked up to an ECG which showed nothing out of the norm. Had a chest x-ray nothing there. Nothing was in the bloods. She donated blood last week and had a very good iron levels.

The high heart rate has been ongoing for a while and the below, taken from a techacrdic web page, has been ruled out over the past few months.

"Anemia
    High blood pressure
    Pregnancy
    Fever
    Stress
    Thyroid problems

Problems with the heart can cause a fast heart rate. For example:

Changes in the electrical signal that causes your heart to beat can make your heart beat faster.

Muscles in the upper chambers of the heart may tend to quiver and send random signals to the lower chambers of the heart.

The heartbeat may start in the lower chambers of the heart rather than the upper chamber."

Anyone want to hazard a guess for funsies?

This is prob the wrong section. Can Mods move to appropriate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She saw a doctor, had lots of tests, but you want some boardsie to diagnose the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

She saw a doctor, had lots of tests, but you want some boardsie to diagnose the problem.

Yes that's exactly what I'm looking for. I think that a random boardsie will diagnose this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,747 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can hazard a guess because I have been there, but I will not as its not appropriate. I also doubt this will stay in LTI. What she does need to do is try and get to a doctor while her heart is doing the fast beat, or invest in a blood pressure monitor that will also record your pulse, then go to the gp with it. She can be given a monitor to wear for a while (day, two days, week) to check it out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What was measuring the heart rate in the cinema? Panic attack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Atrial Fibrillation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

OP this isn't in the wrong section, there is no section appropriate for this because medical advice is not permitted on boards full stop. Talk to a healthcare professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement