Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I hold off or build ???

Options
  • 21-03-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello all,
    Last week or so I came up with an idea of building a PC for myself. it will be a very high spec machine :
    CPU: I9 9900K
    GPU: 2080TI
    Predator 32 4K monitor.
    and much more.

I am thinking now is it worth building since the new console from google was announced. What would everyone recommend?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Do you want a PC or a console ? Thats your answer :)

Also you can get much cheaper CPU and GPU with almost identical performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ValdasANS

Dcully wrote: »
    Do you want a PC or a console ? Thats your answer :)

Also you can get much cheaper CPU and GPU with almost identical performance.

I suppose PC will always have the edge over a console. The only thing thats holding me back is that to run 4k at more than 60hz I will probably need another 2080ti and 2k euro for display already full build is nearing close to 5k. I chose Predator xb321hk for the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can't compare Stadia with a rig. Thats like comparing a stream of a gig from your favourite band and being in the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ValdasANS wrote: »
    I suppose PC will always have the edge over a console. The only thing thats holding me back is that to run 4k at more than 60hz I will probably need another 2080ti and 2k euro for display already full build is nearing close to 5k. I chose Predator xb321hk for the screen

You can get 4k 60fps with GTX 1080 Ti/RTX 2080 in many games at High settings.

But tbh for a computer monitor, you might as well get a 1440p high-refresh panel; you're sitting so close to it that 4K doesn't provide big benefits in games.

And the less said about Stadia, the better!

Have a look at this build over here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109725827

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

A friend of mine got a new rig last month and insisted on the highest spec possible and insisted on 4k etc, he simply would not listen to me.
    5 weeks on he has sold his 4k display after seeing its pointless and gone with a nice 144hz 1440 screen instead which he is enjoying a lot more.
    Now his rig with 9900K and 2080ti runs the division 2 about 5-10 frames faster at best than my 8600K and 1080ti rig and cost twice as much and thats just the actual pc components not to mention the 4k outlay, crazy just crazy.

As for stadia, ill believe it when i see it but if anyone has the resources its google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ValdasANS

Been doing a bit of research and might go 32inch 1440p instead with 144HZ.

Advertisement