Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Eir phone and broadband, still being charged.

• 21-03-2019 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I'm kinda hoping here someone from Eir will pick this up..

On the 14th of March this year, my Eir phone and broadband should've been cancelled, however I'm still being billed.

I went through the whole cumbersome process of trying for days to get a hold of Eir's Loyalty Team, each time being kept on hold for almost an hour, eventually I did get through to someone and went through the cancellation process.

About a week (or two) later, I chatted in and double checked if the account was scheduled to be cancelled on the 14th of March, the chat agent confirmed this.

Now I'm being billed for 76 Euro's.

I've recently moved abroad and am no longer residing in Ireland, nor will I ever move back to Ireland, and I just want this to be resolved correctly and not cause any problems for the new tenants that moved in into my old apartment.

The modem will be sent back to Eir, but I refuse to pay for this ridiculous bill, as I mentioned I moved abroad and I will cancel my direct debit and my bank account.

If anyone from Eir is watching and interested in resolving this in a proper manner, please send me a PM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I've been asking for cancellation confirmation for the last 3 weeks, to no avail.

Time for all of us to cancel our direct debits!

This after eir spend a fortune on changing its name to get rid of old eircom PR issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

koffiemelk wrote: »
    So I'm kinda hoping here someone from Eir will pick this up..

On the 14th of March this year, my Eir phone and broadband should've been cancelled, however I'm still being billed.

I went through the whole cumbersome process of trying for days to get a hold of Eir's Loyalty Team, each time being kept on hold for almost an hour, eventually I did get through to someone and went through the cancellation process.

About a week (or two) later, I chatted in and double checked if the account was scheduled to be cancelled on the 14th of March, the chat agent confirmed this.

Now I'm being billed for 76 Euro's.

I've recently moved abroad and am no longer residing in Ireland, nor will I ever move back to Ireland, and I just want this to be resolved correctly and not cause any problems for the new tenants that moved in into my old apartment.

The modem will be sent back to Eir, but I refuse to pay for this ridiculous bill, as I mentioned I moved abroad and I will cancel my direct debit and my bank account.

If anyone from Eir is watching and interested in resolving this in a proper manner, please send me a PM.

Hi koffiemelk, 

Sorry to hear your services were not cancelled. 

Could you PM the following and I will look into this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement