Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Confusion

• 22-03-2019 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I recently got charged a direct debit for an old invoice that I was sent a replacement invoice for that stated the old invoice was nullified. My account was debited for €184.76 but the replacement invoice mentions the old invoice, referencing the inv no and says that at that point for the same amount of units used I only owed you €4. I called today and after a frustrating hour or so trying to get to the bottom of it I was given the reasoning that the replacement invoice assumed that the €184.76 had been paid by that point. Lacking confidence in myself I accepted that as the solution but looking over the bills again this doesn't add up. If I end up paying what your rep suggested it'll be three times what we usually pay as well as the replacement invoice pre-dating the collection of the old direct debit, so how could you have known if it was paid or not? When I called in February to ensure the small bill was correct after submitting a manual reading I was told by the rep at the time to disregard the €184.76 and that the replacement invoice was correct and up to date.  There were two unpaid direct debits because my account had insufficient funds so I can understand the confusion but I need someone to take more than a cursory look into this. Your own invoice states that it replaces the one you debited me for and I don't accept the excuse I was given today. 

Thanks,

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi VHS89, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We can look into this for you. 

Please provide us with the following details via private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder