Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Isn't it better that they stall and release a better product?

The original release date always seemed quite aggressive to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

considering the gameplay looked broken in the original gameplay videos it's better they spend time on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Isn't it better that they stall and release a better product?

The original release date always seemed quite aggressive to me.

They were ambitious with the release date which didn't give me confidence in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

2020 and everything within it can fcuk right off :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

2020 and everything within it can fcuk right off :D

Even with this delay it's already been a cracking year for videogames..... and catching up on the backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah gaming is on the major rise due to lockdown
    $10.9B in the first quarter in the US which was a record only to be beaten in the 2nd quarter this year at $11.6B

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Give it all the time it needs, the original was basically an unfinished buggy mess on release that was only salvaged years later by community patches.

It wasn't that bad. A patch shortly after release fixed most of the major issues. The fan releases fixed more and readded dropped content.

I think the problem these guys will have won't be with bugs but matching the playability of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Xenji wrote: »
    Give it all the time it needs, the original was basically an unfinished buggy mess on release that was only salvaged years later by community patches.
    yeah a bit of a rough diamond. I played it but not sure if I could go back to it now.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

It wasn't that bad. A patch shortly after release fixed most of the major issues. The fan releases fixed more and readded dropped content.

I think the problem these guys will have won't be with bugs but matching the playability of the original.

I think it came out about two months after release and 3 days before Christmas day, I remember trying to give it another whirl then and still running into plenty of issues, not game breaking but still plenty of bugs and weird graphical issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think it came out about two months after release and 3 days before Christmas day, I remember trying to give it another whirl then and still running into plenty of issues, not game breaking but still plenty of bugs and weird graphical issues.

I'm pretty sure it was like the week after, the devs were all let go before the game came out and did it in their own time and unpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Do you remember the release of the original?

Varik wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was like the week after, the devs were all let go before the game came out and did it in their own time and unpaid.

Looking back it came out about 5 weeks after release, I always thought the game actually came out in October not November.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2004/12/22/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-patch

Bambi wrote: »
    Do you remember the release of the original?

I remember looking forward to it as 2004 was a very slim year for new PC rpgs, I plan on playing it again with the community patches before this gets released.

I remember looking forward to it as 2004 was a very slim year for new PC rpgs, I plan on playing it again with the community patches before this gets released.

Right, cos it was actually the former devs who put out a patch to fix the performance issues a few weeks after it was released, after that it wasnt unfinished or buggy, just a bit janky and rough around the edges. They cut a few levels out due to time constraints but it deffo wasnt unfinished

The community patches and mods came much later.

Might be better to just leave it.

I've replayed a few times over the years but the last time i did the rose glasses really wore off, the hospital and hotel were really showing their age to the point they lost all atmosphere. Makes me think of contemporary reactions to the likes of the original doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I got it a few months after release. It was broken, after you kill the vampire hunter and go to leave that area, it crashes. I didn’t have internet where I was living at the time, it was a complete hassle. One of my favourite games but does explain the low review score. How it holds up depends on what you are willing to tolerate graphically, I still play dungeon keeper 2 every few years and this. The GOG release has the fan patch, steam one is broken since release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Varik wrote: »
    Might be better to just leave it.

I've replayed a few times over the years but the last time i did the rose glasses really wore off, the hospital and hotel were really showing their age to the point they lost all atmosphere. Makes me think of contemporary reactions to the likes of the original doom.

I still think the Original Doom games still look great. It's for me one of the few perfect games that will never not be fun. Games get to a point where they don't really age anymore.

As for the original Vampire, once you get over the graphics there's still a lot to admire. You aren't playing it for the slick presentation and gameplay but for the actual role player which is where the game really excels. Compare it to contemporaries like Mass Effect and they look so basic in their role playing and quest design compared to Vampire and it offers so many unique classes that completely change your approach to the game.

I agree with Doom still being playable to this day. I played it in my teens, again in my early twenties and again in my late twenties and it was worth it every time. Didn't matter to me that graphics had moved on, the feel was still right.

The graphics in this new game look technically better than the original but they also look sort of shiny and clean in a way that doesn't suit the theme. Still, like I said before I will probably get it and play it. When it comes out.

Didn't mean doom wasn't playable or fun.

I meant that at this point neither of you need to play with the lights on for the horror bits. Originally I found the hotel and hospital scary, last time i play the scariest thing was how often I got caught on stuff

• Advertisement

I never played the first game but I am a fan of the Vampire genre. I'd be curious to know how RPG it is? I would like a game comparable to the Elder Scrolls games where it's not what you would call an action RPG.

Basically I like to relax playing my RPG without having to sweat profusely about having to learn how to get past a ridiculously difficult Boss before progressing. Looking at you Dark Souls.

Just want a dialogue/story first type of game.

I've not played Elder Scrolls so can't say but in terms of dialogue and choice the game is really top notch. Lots of choice about what side quests you do and how you approach them. It's sort of what the game is famous for.

In terms of bosses only the end of game one gave me huge trouble and around mid game there's a sewer section that outstays it’s welcome.

I've not played Elder Scrolls so can't say but in terms of dialogue and choice the game is really top notch. Lots of choice about what side quests you do and how you approach them. It's sort of what the game is famous for.

In terms of bosses only the end of game one gave me huge trouble and around mid game there's a sewer section that outstays it’s welcome.

Hoping that and it's suquel can be saved easily? :pac: Really not good at the pressure moments. Just want to explore and enjoy it at my own pace.

There's a quicksave.

I never played the first game but I am a fan of the Vampire genre. I'd be curious to know how RPG it is? I would like a game comparable to the Elder Scrolls games where it's not what you would call an action RPG.

Basically I like to relax playing my RPG without having to sweat profusely about having to learn how to get past a ridiculously difficult Boss before progressing. Looking at you Dark Souls.

Just want a dialogue/story first type of game.

That what a lot of the original fans are worried about, a generic, rng generated missions open world game with little dept. The original was character/story oriented and the replayability was based on the character and the specific skills they had also the path they choose. So it’s less overall content but more open to different options in a replay. Less missions more varied content. Though for mass market appeal, it’s not what most games go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I posted this in the general news thread, but should have put it here too really.

Bloodline 2's narrative lead Brian Mitsoda (who was head writer on the original game) and creative director Ka'ai Cluney have been fired. Mitsoda has no idea why he was sacked, according to RPS, saying he had never been lead to believe his work was lacking, or that the recent delay was anything to do with the narrative side of things.

Alexandre Mandryka (Far Cry, Assassin's Creed among others) is taking over as "creative consultant". All sounds a bit off.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I posted this in the general news thread, but should have put it here too really.

Bloodline 2's narrative lead Brian Mitsoda (who was head writer on the original game) and creative director Ka'ai Cluney have been fired. Mitsoda has no idea why he was sacked, according to RPS, saying he had never been lead to believe his work was lacking, or that the recent delay was anything to do with the narrative side of things.

Alexandre Mandryka (Far Cry, Assassin's Creed among others) is taking over as "creative consultant". All sounds a bit off.

F*** all sympathy for Mitsoda, you lie down with dogs like these they'll turn on you eventually

Absolute ****show and only trading on the original games reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Bambi wrote: »
    F*** all sympathy for Mitsoda, you lie down with dogs like these they'll turn on you eventually

Absolute ****show and only trading on the original games reputation.

What did he do?

Maybe they're really going all the way to replicate the original game, you know by firing everyone before release.

• Advertisement

I’m going to wait and see. I’m not getting my expectations too high. It’s good it’s delayed, from the footage they need to fix the combat. It looks great though, which is a good start. I’m not expecting the voice acting to be as good as the original either. I really like the character sheet in the original but I doubt that will make it back.

Advertisement