Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about moderator

Options
  • 22-03-2019 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

In the recent thread on approach to fertility at 38 years old I gave some advice to the OP in an attempt to awaken them to the risks of a negative outcome at this age.

I was unfairly treated by Wiggles16 who incorrectly dismissed my advice and in so doing deprived the OP of a valuable counter opinion in favour of perpetuating her potentially erred approach.

Pulling rank on me for this was disproportionate, unfair and without base. I have posted many times about my own IVF nightmare on the long termers TTC thread so I feel qualified to advise and so I was taken aback by the phrase 'i don't care who you are'.

If wiggles16 is going to behave like this they should be kept off threads about important issues as you cannot have the referee lashing out inappropriately.

I have tried to extract an apology from wiggles16 who has instead elected to remain stubborn, again evidence of the lack of maturity and character required to moderate serious issues.

I expect an apology from wiggles16 for inappropriately dismissing my contribution and for the inappropriate statements used.

Failing that I will be leaving Boards for good and should my wife and I ever prevail in our IVF nightmare the long termers thread will be deprived of the update.

Bilbot

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I can take this Bilbot79, considering that you also pm'd me about this issue yesterday and I was reviewing the thread in order to respond, so can address your complaints here.

If so, please either post the pm exchanges with the mod here or forward them to me.

Are you happy with this?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Neyite, before you proceed we need to clarify - is the OP looking to appeal a card or ban?

If so relevant PMs can be posted. If this is a complaint about a moderator the thread will be moved to Help Desk, where PMs cannot be quoted without the sender's permission

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

That's fine.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bilbot79, you appealing your yellow card? If so this thread will deal with that card alone. If you have a wider complaint about moderation that can be dealt with in Help Desk once this appeal has been dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Beasty wrote: »
    bilbot79, you appealing your yellow card? If so this thread will deal with that card alone. If you have a wider complaint about moderation that can be dealt with in Help Desk once this appeal has been dealt with

I presume then I am appealing the yellow card first then. Do I forward PMs to Neyite then?

• Advertisement

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I presume then I am appealing the yellow card first then. Do I forward PMs to Neyite then?
    If you are appealing the card, yes please do so, or you can post them here

Thanks

Hi Bilbot, I sent you a pm in response to yours yesterday - I've not received the pm exchange.

If it's easier, you can post them here.

Hi Bilbot,

I'm just checking in here to see if you want to continue with the DRP? If not this can be closed. If you still want it to be reviewed you can post on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Neyite wrote: »
    Hi Bilbot,

I'm just checking in here to see if you want to continue with the DRP? If not this can be closed. If you still want it to be reviewed you can post on thread.

Hi,

Sorry I'm not finding time at the moment. I will just drop it thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,
    Coleman

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Marking as resolved for now.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement