Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I seriously need to pay 6+ euro just to see the details of my deposit account?

Options
  • 22-03-2019 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

I am actually in disbelief over this. I have a Goalsaver deposit account on my online banking. I can see the current balance. That is all I can see. I cannot see any of the dates of the transactions or the details of the transactions. I do not appear to be capable of getting an online statement.

The only option I can find is to order a paper copy of a statement. Non-specific charges "may apply". I tracked down a pdf on your website where is says €3.80 for each statement and €2.50 for each "additional page". First of all, that's an idiotic price to charge per page, but more importantly: how am I supposed to know how many pages it is? How am I supposed to know how much I will be fleeced just for the privilege of seeing my own account details??? Also, when I am ordering the statement I have to pick the dates to see, but I am not sure when exactly I opened the account BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE ANY DETAILS. It's a circular nightmare. There isn't even the option to see all of the account transactions.

So please, tell me I have misunderstood, that I don't have to pay to jump through all of these hoops just to see a list of the transactions on my account? It's enough to make me want to quit BOI entirely because it's just such a manifestly stupid system.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Zillah

Thanks for reaching out to us today with your statement query.

When logged in www.365online.com please select the Service Desk facility and within the drop down menu you can select 'Order Up To Date' statement. This will be posted to you within 3-5 banking days at no charge.

Hope the information helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Only my current account is available as an option for ordering an up-to-date statement in that menu. The only way to get my deposit account as an option is to choose "Paper copy of a statement", which suggests charges my apply. So, will charges apply and how can I tell how much they will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Zillah,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Just reviewing this, if you select the Service Desk and then the Ask A Question option on the drop down, you can request the up to date statement for the GoalSaver account and it will be posted in 3-5 banking days. There is no charge for up to date paper statements for any account types.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I will try that now, thank you. It seems like a rather convoluted process!

Advertisement