Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risks associated with career break

Options
  • 22-03-2019 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi!

I'm taking a career break next year, and am currently going through all the pros and cons of it in my head, now that it has been approved. I can still change my mind until April 14th.

I don't think I am disadvantaging myself much by taking a career break. Although one thing I am wondering, is whether the vacancy that arises as a result of my career break could be used to redeploy somebody into the school, thereby meaning that I would have to be redeployed at the end of my career break?

I love the school I am in and don't want to take the career break if it means risking my position here, so any thoughts would be welcome. Thank you!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Only if redployed is pwt ur cid and their subjects can be proven to be a greater need to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If you get a serious illness when on a career break you won't have the benefit of your sick pay.

Advertisement