Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah I think Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford going down and Villa staying up was the best outcome for us.

Good chance Idah will see more regular game time in the Championship, particularly if Pukki or Drmic where to leave. Omobamidele is also highly rated at the club and could begin to break through over the course of the season.

Like wise with Bournemouth with Travers and Kilkenny. Travers could potentially end up as no.1 with Boruc retiring/released and Ramsdale being sold on which is likely enough. Kilkenny you would imagine would pick up more minutes having already began to break through for them this season.

Then theres Watford who have Ryan Cassidy who again is rated very highly and has just signed a new 2 year contract. Aside from Deeney whos getting on, theyre not exactly spoiled for choice up front so he could well make the break through.

Aston Villa staying up is good too as Hourihane will get another season in the Premier League

Yeah the teams going down are perfect for us in terms of younger players possibly getting gametime. Pukki has 40 goals in 79 league appearances since moving to Norwich, he should be in demand by even teams looking for a back up striker and given his age I'm sure he'll no doubt want that one last big contract before retiring considering he's supposedly on less than 10k a week at Norwich.

Norwich didn't spend big and should have a healthy wage budget so won't be forced to sell and that's my main concern of Idah possibly still being third choice next season when you consider Drmic getting selected ahead of him in games lately.

Same concern with Travers at Bournemouth. Ramsdale is still 22 and has four years left on his contract which is probably towards the bottom of Bournemouths wage bill. Teams would need to spend big to get him now and would many teams see him as their starting number one, which at his age he needs to be starting and is guaranteed that at Bournemouth. Unless Bournemouth badly need the money I can see Ramsdale staying at Bournemouth.
    I'd say this has been the most encouraging season for Irish footballers/fans in a good few years. A decent number of players playing in the PL regularly, and will be again next season. Then there's the emergence of Obafemi, Connolly, Idah, Smallbone, and to a lesser extent Parrot, from U23s into regular first team squad players.

The first season since '15/'16 that Irish players made 400 league appearances, think we were at 401 or 402 going into the weekends games. It's definitely been a very encouraging season for Irish fans this year.

Idah was the only player relegated that made league appearances and we've got O'Shea and Molumby who should be in match day squads next year. Cullen and Robinson will return to West Ham and Sheffield United but could see Robinson returning to West Brom and Moyes seems to rate Cullen so he'll have pre season to impress.

Apart from Christie and Arter I don't think we have others in the play offs, and even Arter might remain with Bournemouth but has one year left on his contract that Bournemouth might move him on anyway.

All in all I think next season will be better than this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Pukki has 40 goals in 79 league appearances since moving to Norwich, he should be in demand by even teams looking for a back up striker and given his age I'm sure he'll no doubt want that one last big contract before retiring considering he's supposedly on less than 10k a week at Norwich.

As in the SPL reject Pukki? Mad that he didn't thrive in a tinpot league :confused:

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Bring him to Slovakia and if we are winning by 2 goals, stick him on for the last 3 minutes

You do know that the nation's league games are competitive games also. I think he'll be pushing for a place in the squad, also think the fact that he's never played or trained with Kenny could see him at least train with the seniors as Kenny has talked about lads that could be fast tracked but he'll be fighting with Molumby and Knight for a spot in the seniors and our first game is away from home so not much time on the training ground.

We'll have a midfield three, and that could mean seven lads that play centre midfield in the squad. We've already got Hendrick, Hourihane, Browne and Cullen that have been in recent squads. Kenny has name checked McCarthy and Arter which is already six names and you've got Molumby and Knight that had good seasons with their clubs.

While it's still the league of Ireland you've got to include Jack Byrne in any discussion because Kenny is a massive fan and while he's nowhere near the senior squad you've got Daniel Mandroiu that's played U21s with Kenny and has been possibly linked with a club in Holland.

If I had to name a squad and say this is gonna be the squad that travels to Bulgaria, I'd go with:

GK: Darren Randolph, Mark Travers, Kieran O'Hara.

DEF: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, Shane Duffy, John Egan, Ciaran Clark or Kevin Long, Dara O'Shea, Enda Stevens, Ryan Manning.

MID: Jeff Hendrick, Alan Browne, Conor Hourihane, Josh Cullen, Jayson Molumby, James McCarthy, Jack Byrne or Harry Arter.

FWD: David McGoldrick, Shane Long, Aaron Connolly, Michael Obafemi, Callum Robinson, James McClean, Robbie Brady.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    As in the SPL reject Pukki? Mad that he didn't thrive in a tinpot league :confused:

Bit like Scott Sinclair thriving with Celtic but being meh since his move back to England. Players thrive under different managers and environments. Pukkis stats were poor before he even moved to Scotland, had like less than ten goals in his three previous seasons and was a deadline day signing to bolster options in attack when Hooper left. Wasn't until his third season after leaving Celtic that Pukki started to become prolific at club level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

To be fair took him while to get going,

Sure he went to he Danish league after Celtic , and his next two season where exactly like his Celtic one,

So going by your logic Danish Superliga and Scottish Primer league are the same level ,:cool:

• Advertisement

To be fair took him while to get going,

Sure he went to he Danish league after Celtic , and his next two season where exactly like his Celtic one,

So going by your logic Danish Superliga and Scottish Primer league are the same level ,:cool:

Danish league is actually a very entertaining league. One the lads used to code games for a sports company and the Danish league was his league to work along with the Portuguese league and was always raving about the Danish league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

You do know that the nation's league games are competitive games also. I think he'll be pushing for a place in the squad, also think the fact that he's never played or trained with Kenny could see him at least train with the seniors as Kenny has talked about lads that could be fast tracked but he'll be fighting with Molumby and Knight for a spot in the seniors and our first game is away from home so not much time on the training ground.

We'll have a midfield three, and that could mean seven lads that play centre midfield in the squad. We've already got Hendrick, Hourihane, Browne and Cullen that have been in recent squads. Kenny has name checked McCarthy and Arter which is already six names and you've got Molumby and Knight that had good seasons with their clubs.

While it's still the league of Ireland you've got to include Jack Byrne in any discussion because Kenny is a massive fan and while he's nowhere near the senior squad you've got Daniel Mandroiu that's played U21s with Kenny and has been possibly linked with a club in Holland.

If I had to name a squad and say this is gonna be the squad that travels to Bulgaria, I'd go with:

DEF: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, Shane Duffy, John Egan, Ciaran Clark or Kevin Long, Dara O'Shea, Enda Stevens, Ryan Manning.

MID: Jeff Hendrick, Alan Browne, Conor Hourihane, Josh Cullen, Jayson Molumby, James McCarthy, Jack Byrne or Harry Arter.

FWD: David McGoldrick, Shane Long, Aaron Connolly, Michael Obafemi, Callum Robinson, James McClean, Robbie Brady.

James McClean and Robbie Brady in the forwards?

I think id make room for the extra midfielder and drop Robinson.

Jason Knight is surely very close to getting a call, probably had a better season than Cullen ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Luca Connell getting great reviews on a Celtic forum for his performance in a friendly V Hibs today. Didn't see it myself

James McClean and Robbie Brady in the forwards?

I think id make room for the extra midfielder and drop Robinson.

Forwards doesn't mean strikers, we'll play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and all the players named as midfielders are lads that are central midfielders and made it easier to include the wingers in with the forwards rather than midfielders. Anytime Kenny named an U21s squad he listed them as Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders, Wingers or Attacking Midfielders and forwards.
    Jason Knight is surely very close to getting a call, probably had a better season than Cullen ,

While Knight has had a great season with Derby so has Cullen with Charlton. Was one of their best players at the start of the season when they were doing well and then had his long term injury.

Don't think too many players are gonna be taken from the U21s this autumn. If Molumby is called into the senior team then Knight will probably replace him in the U21s.

Might get shocked and both Molumby and Knight could travel to Bulgaria with the seniors as the U21s are only playing a friendly in September but have that big game against Italy a few days after our play off game. So don't think Kenny will want to hamper their chances of beaten Italy and qualifying top of the group.

• Advertisement

That is exactly what I said yes.

I really would refrain from using words such as logic If I were you.

That whole Scottish league v Championship v Danish League stuff is really starting to drag on...

Danish league is actually a very entertaining league. One the lads used to code games for a sports company and the Danish league was his league to work along with the Portuguese league and was always raving about the Danish league.

But yourdeadwright is an expert on all leagues across Europe, and even though he has never in his life watched a game in the Danish league, he has decreed it to be sh*t therefore it is fact :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Great finish. Almost everyone of his goals I have seen him score have come from out wide left.

Yes, while he may prefer playing centrally ( and is with Brighton), all evidence suggests his best position is off the left in some version of a 4-3-3.

Very exciting player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus looking at that new era me hole

Get Smallbone in the squad, we don't need another Grealish/Rice saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Simply replacing Whelan with McCarthy and continuing to pick Hendrick and Hourihane along side him isnt going to cut it. It'll be picking up exactly where we left off.

A radical overhaul is needed and these 2 lads are ready.

Arguably both Knight and Molumbly have had the better seasons than any other midfielders...

...Obviously you wouldnt be picking the 2 of them to be starting games off the bat, but they really need to be in the squad to gain the experience and at least have a serious look at. I wouldnt have any doubts theyd be able to handle themselves again the likes of Bulgaria and Finland in the NL no bother, they're playing and performing against lads in the Championship week in/out at a higher level than almost all of the opposition.

This is key really. Under Mick, we ended up in a situation where people were countering calls for putting in different players with "you can't just throw him in for a hugely important qualifier/play-off". The whole reason we ended up in that situation was because Mick made his mind up at the outset that he was going to pick the more experienced players and stick with them barring injury or suspension. It backfired badly, as our insipid performances showed. Start the transition straight off. A number of the more experienced players have had enough chances.

But yourdeadwright is an expert on all leagues across Europe, and even though he has never in his life watched a game in the Danish league, he has decreed it to be sh*t therefore it is fact :D:D:D

None of the above actually happened :D

I do like a Danish pastry from time to time,

I dont know, I think Kenny will really just want to pick his best players available and not be too worried about the u21s. He has his own job to get on with.

As we all know, midfield has by far been our biggest issue the last few years.

Simply replacing Whelan with McCarthy and continuing to pick Hendrick and Hourihane along side him isnt going to cut it. It'll be picking up exactly where we left off.

A radical overhaul is needed and these 2 lads are ready.

Arguably both Knight and Molumbly have had the better seasons than any other midfielders.

Certainly better than the likes of Arter, Browne, O'Dowda and probably Cullen that were competing in the same league ...and probably better than Hendrick in the PL, Hourihane too up until before the PL break.

Obviously you wouldnt be picking the 2 of them to be starting games off the bat, but they really need to be in the squad to gain the experience and at least have a serious look at. I wouldnt have any doubts theyd be able to handle themselves again the likes of Bulgaria and Finland in the NL no bother, they're playing and performing against lads in the Championship week in/out at a higher level than almost all of the opposition.

The first squad will tell us a lot about how Kenny will approach things,

Really looking forward to it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Staplor

The first squad will tell us a lot about how Kenny will approach things,

Really looking forward to it,

I don't agree, the first squad should be business as usual. Seal qualification, then get a new system going.

Staplor wrote: »
    I don't agree, the first squad should be business as usual. Seal qualification, then get a new system going.

First 11 I agree but I think he should bring a few young lads into the squad ,
    Experience it at the business end ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Medium term id love to see a back 3 of Coleman Egan and Clark.

Allow Doherty and Stevens (Manning as LWB deputy) to play their best positions.

Randolph

Coleman
    Egan
    Clark

Doherty
    McCarthy
    Molumphy
    Hendrick (or Jason Knight)
    Stevens

McGoldrick
    Connolly

Think thats a very exciting Ireland XI.

To be fair, they weren't ready then under Mick and I'd be saying similar now if we had have had the playoffs first or up against stronger opposition in the first round of the NL like Wales or Denmark. But we dont, so its really a perfect opportunity.

Not talking about the same players. The likes of Cullen, Doherty, O'Dowda, Byrne, Maguire. Mick openly saying what they done in friendly games wasn't going to change his mind. How is that in any way motivating to players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I don't think we should be expecting wholesale changes in his first squad. I would guess that johnnyryans is going to be fairly close to what it will be.

There aren't that many positions up for grabs really, it is mainly the midfield that will be interesting to see who is selected. Molumby is probably the one definite I would have from the 21s, I don't know if I would call up Knight yet. Cullen and Byrne might have been in a couple of squads and made one or two appearances but they are still very much new to international football and I would probably think both of them will be in ahead of Knight.

I don't think we should be expecting wholesale changes in his first squad. I would guess that johnnyryans is going to be fairly close to what it will be.

There aren't that many positions up for grabs really, it is mainly the midfield that will be interesting to see who is selected. Molumby is probably the one definite I would have from the 21s, I don't know if I would call up Knight yet. Cullen and Byrne might have been in a couple of squads and made one or two appearances but they are still very much new to international football and I would probably think both of them will be in ahead of Knight.

And while midfield is up for grabs we all gotta remember that Hendrick under Kenny could be a completely different player compared to Hendrick under Mick. McCarthy hasn't played in awhile so is like a possible new signing and he's named Harry Arter in interviews. The U21s have only the friendly against Slovakia in September so could assume the likes of Smallbone, Knight and Idah could train with the seniors while Crawford tries a couple of fringe lads before their game against Italy in October.

Knight has had a good season with Derby, has scored goals with them and you never know that he might bring Knight with the seniors to play RW because it's a tricky position for us. Could get shocked and Ogbene gets called up to his first squad seeing as Kenny rates him and would have approached him to declare for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Medium term id love to see a back 3 of Coleman Egan and Clark.

Allow Doherty and Stevens (Manning as LWB deputy) to play their best positions.

Randolph

Coleman
    Egan
    Clark

Doherty
    McCarthy
    Molumphy
    Hendrick (or Jason Knight)
    Stevens

McGoldrick
    Connolly

Think thats a very exciting Ireland XI.

Duffy is getting treated very harshly on this thread because he’s out of the Brighton team and Egan is the more exciting ‘younger model’, but suggesting dropping him for Clark (or anyone really) is ridiculous. He’s been our best player the last few years easily and all it will take is a move to someone like Palace, Burnley etc. for everyone to start raving about him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Duffy is getting treated very harshly on this thread because he’s out of the Brighton team and Egan is the more exciting ‘younger model’, but suggesting dropping him for Clark (or anyone really) is ridiculous. He’s been our best player the last few years easily and all it will take is a move to someone like Palace, Burnley etc. for everyone to start raving about him again.
    With a certain cohort on here Big Shane Duffy is the identikit traditional old style centre half who “hoofs it” etc. He isn’t that but that cohort are a lazy lot when it comes to analysing football and footballers, doesn’t stop them blathering though. Duffy as you say has probably been our best player in recent years, solid, dependable and a goal threat for us at set pieces. He won’t do at all for some on here. They’d drop him for someone who can’t defend.

Stephen Kenny has been around a bit. Duffy will be one of if not the first names on his team sheet.

To suggest that Clark will start over Duffy is silly. To try and fit Coleman into the team at centre back is just strange. Look either Coleman or Doherty starts. Thats a decision for Kenny. Midfield will be interesting and its time for those lads to really lift their weight. No excuses for them this time. To me Hendricks spot really has to be under threat.

To suggest that Clark will start over Duffy is silly. To try and fit Coleman into the team at centre back is just strange. Look either Coleman or Doherty starts. Thats a decision for Kenny. Midfield will be interesting and its time for those lads to really lift their weight. No excuses for them this time. To me Hendricks spot really has to be under threat.

I can see the argument for getting Coleman and Doherty in the team as they are two of our most experienced players operating at the highest level. In theory Coleman could fit in as a right sided cb in a 3-5-2. 3-5-2 is also where Doherty and Stevens fit as wing backs in their club sides. Coleman would basically have to adapt his game. 3-5-2 seems to fit the strikers we have as well. McGoldrick as a foil up front for Connolly or Maguire or Idah. So 3-5-2 looks to be the system that suits the players we have or is a system that can be used at times with these players.

Coleman has actually played right of the 3 a couple of times for Everton this season ,

Iv said many times I'd love to see us play 3 5 2

I think we need two up front or we simply won't get enough goals,
    We need 3 in the middle of park to get a foot hold ,
    Doherty and Stevens are wing backs ,

I Just think it'll work for us with our current squad,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Staplor

Coleman has actually played right of the 3 a couple of times for Everton this season ,

Iv said many times I'd love to see us play 3 5 2

I think we need two up front or we simply won't get enough goals,
    We need 3 in the middle of park to get a foot hold ,
    Doherty and Stevens are wing backs ,

I Just think it'll work for us with our current squad,

I think we'll see this after the qualification is finished.

Staplor wrote: »
    I think we'll see this after the qualification is finished.

We played 3-5-2 in Switzerland with Mick. Didn’t work but it wouldn’t be a shock if we played 3-5-2 in the upcoming Euro qualifiers. We play two NL games before the Slovakia game. Might see it tried in those games

Cant see it happening. Kenny has never fancied the formation anywhere he's been and has already said several times in recent interviews it'll be 4-3-3 or similar.

The way Kenny sets up his team the shape isnt very uniform anyway. He likes to overload certain areas of the field on counters.

As an example i've seen a few times, with the 21s he'll have one of the fullbacks raid forward in overlapping play with the winger similarly to how wingbacks operate. All the while the 2 centre backs and either the opposite fullback or holding midfielder will sit and drop into essentially a back 3 in the event of loss of possession and a counter attack.

This video probably shows it best. Watch our first 2 goals here and you'll see what Im talking about. The right side being overloaded by O'Connor on the overlap with Elbozedi and Idah. Then O'Conors final position for the goal.

I think Doherty will be used as the right sided midfielder / winger in a similar system.

I think he’ll want both Coleman and Doherty on the pitch whatever way he sets them out. Stevens and McClean would be the other side if he does as you allude to.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I think he’ll want both Coleman and Doherty on the pitch whatever way he sets them out. Stevens and McClean would be the other side if he does as you allude to.

McClean is ****e. Can't see him starting.

McClean is ****e. Can't see him starting.

LOL another great contribution from this poster turnpike who only ever speaks to a certain echo chamber on here. McClean is actually a player that has played under Stephen Kenny in the past, he appears to have recovered his form somewhat and I wouldn’t be surprised that you’ll be raging when Kenny picks his first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would definitely be disappointed and surprised to see McClean start in Kennys opening game, don't get me wrong, I still think he could have a role to play and he has been one of our more influential players in recent years with some big performances and goals. But surely he will not be well suited to the type of football we will be hoping to play and someone like Connolly or Robinson would be much more effective wide left? If we were to start with Doherty and McClean as our wingers I would be worried..

• Advertisement

I would definitely be disappointed and surprised to see McClean start in Kennys opening game, don't get me wrong, I still think he could have a role to play and he has been one of our more influential players in recent years with some big performances and goals. But surely he will not be well suited to the type of football we will be hoping to play and someone like Connolly or Robinson would be much more effective wide left? If we were to start with Doherty and McClean as our wingers I would be worried..

It depends on who’s getting regular games in September. Robinson I think has been getting regular football at West Brom after being sent there on loan by Sheffield Utd. Connolly is in and out of the team at Brighton. Obviously if these guys among others like Idah and Molumby can get going with their careers and get regular first team experience they’re the future.

LOL another great contribution from this poster turnpike who only ever speaks to a certain echo chamber on here. McClean is actually a player that has played under Stephen Kenny in the past, he appears to have recovered his form somewhat and I wouldn’t be surprised that you’ll be raging when Kenny picks his first team.

Well done. You've managed to use Google to check that McClean played under Kenny at Derry. A big day for you. Have you any insightful opinions or are you just going to blindly defend McClean?

...because whether he was playing good or bad under Mick and MON they would pick him regardless ..and not only pick him, but leave him play 90mins most games when it was clear he was playing awful.

This bit won't matter to TheCitizen. It's McClean and he can do no wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Leading active Irish goal scorers.

Long - 17
    McClean - 10
    Brady - 8
    Duffy - 3

I can't see Long starting (no goals since 2016!), and it's unlikely Brady does either given his style. If you drop McClean, then you're looking at a first team where your top scorer is a central defender with 3 goals.

As of this moment, for me McClean should be starting the Slovakia game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Millwall interested in Parrott in season long loan.

Hard say how I feel about that. If he gets his games I guess.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads. McClean is an impact player at most but to suggest he should still be a starter is crackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Long - 17
    McClean - 10
    Brady - 8
    Duffy - 3

I can't see Long starting (no goals since 2016!), and it's unlikely Brady does either given his style. If you drop McClean, then you're looking at a first team where your top scorer is a central defender with 3 goals.

Simon Cox - 4

Surely he's worth a recall?

Well done. You've managed to use Google to check that McClean played under Kenny at Derry. A big day for you. Have you any insightful opinions or are you just going to blindly defend McClean?
    This bit won't matter to TheCitizen. It's McClean and he can do no wrong.

Take a chill pill there Brockers, I was suggesting that we could see a 3-5-2 given we have key personnel that play in teams that have 3-5-2 formations, that formation would likely to see McClean on the bench and only brought in as an impact sub or if the formation was changed again. Another poster suggested we're unlikely to see 3-5-2 with Kenny, see that's what's called a discussion Brock.

Of course it appears that I think James McClean can do no wrong just because I think he can or could still make a big contribution in contrast to your ludicrous and frankly stupid ott "opinion" of McClean. You really ought to try and moderate your opinion and stop seeing everything as binary.

Long - 17
    McClean - 10
    Brady - 8
    Duffy - 3

Long has been in better form recently. He appeared to be out of favour with Mick for some reason. I think he could be back in the reckoning on form and current first team activity if he starts next season like he finished this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Millwall interested in Parrott in season long loan.

Hard say how I feel about that. If he gets his games I guess.

Could be a good move...Harris was a good striker, the championship will really make Troy grow up fast...Should do his development no harm

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Could be a good move...Harris was a good striker, the championship will really make Troy grow up fast...Should do his development no harm

Isn't Harris at Cardiff now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Isn't Harris at Cardiff now?

Ah your correct, keep forgetting he left Millwall...I just associate him with Millwall so much

Oh no, this is bad news for Celtic fans, Noodles thinks it's bad for a player to move to Celtic.:)
    I do apologise I've seen other call you noodles, I thought it was a nickname type thing?
    Take a chill pill there Brockers...see that's what's called a discussion Brock.

Ah...the repeating the name thing again...or worse, repeating nicknames you have concocted.

It's a tiny bit...intense.

Ah...the repeating the name thing again...or worse, repeating nicknames you have concocted.

It's a tiny bit...intense.

Why? Why do you find it intense?

You're heavily editing what I'm saying btw, other posters call me by name I don't think about it, it doesn't bother me. You seem to be easily disturbed, I won't call you by your name in case I cause offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Completely irrelevant, you pick players on current form and not on previous performances / goals from several years previously.

That is exactly what was wrong with Ireland under MON post Euro 2016 and then Mick in the previous campaign.

The likes of Hendrick and McClean were undropable no matter how poor they were performing.
    Yes, you should pick players on form. The problem is no one is an automatic starter based on international form. Things don't really change much on club form either. David McGoldrick has been about the best of our attacking players, but he scored just 2 goals this season. McClean is a about the best of a very mediocre bunch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement