Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute to Shannon

• 22-03-2019 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

Just want to see if anyone is commuting from limerick to Shannon each day. How long is the commute taking, is traffic really bad and do you get tired of the commute?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I travel from Limerick city to Ennis everyday and Shannon is midway. It takes me about 17 minutes to reach Shannon exit.

It's not tiring at all and very much doable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Everyday I commute to Shannon. From, let's say B&Q it takes me 20 minutes to get to Shannon through the Tunnel. (drop somebody off around here)

If you started from the city centre then it's light leaving the city to go to Shannon, much much worse coming into the city from nearly every direction.

Where are you starting from?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Giggsy19

Berty wrote: »
    Everyday I commute to Shannon. From, let's say B&Q it takes me 20 minutes to get to Shannon through the Tunnel. (drop somebody off around here)

If you started from the city centre then it's light leaving the city to go to Shannon, much much worse coming into the city from nearly every direction.

Where are you starting from?

Thanks for replies. Would be from Castletroy close to the Castletroy park hotel and going to Shannon industrial estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't forget to factor in the price of the toll

fryup wrote: »
    don't forget to factor in the price of the toll

Whats that 1.90 each way?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Giggsy19 wrote: »
    Whats that 1.90 each way?

Yes, but if you're travelling from Castletroy it's worth it.

Yes, but if you're travelling from Castletroy it's worth it.

Thanks for all the replies, having Shannon as an option opens a few more doors job wise for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BigFargo

Been travelling from Limerick to Shannon for work for 4 years now. It's no trouble, traffic is much better since they changed the layout of the roundabout at the exit for Shannon on the N18. The cost of the toll does add up though, getting the e-flow electronic tag is worth it for convenience sake.

Advertisement