Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account fees

• 22-03-2019 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for advise. Just been charged E22.23 quarterly fees & was wondering if I would have gotten charged the same at AIB?
    I have no overdraft & only use my card for ATM/contactless

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Presume you are with BOI - I got my fees today too...

Here is AIB fees - https://aib.ie/content/dam/aib/personal/docs/fees-and-charges/a-guide-to-fees-and-charges-for-personal-accounts.pdf

You will need to download the fee statement from your online banking and calculate what it would have been on AIB rates.

You could consider changing your daily spend to Revolut or simply your credit card (just ensure to pay it off in full when due), this can avoid a large element of the fees.

Not sure which banks still do true charge free banking - I think BOI do but you need a balance of never less than €3k in the account and charge is then €5 per quarter - if you can do this and it is worth €17 per quarter to you then its also an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭holliehobbie

My mortgage is with AIB and I have no banking charges apart from any Government fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

KBC and N26 are still free.

Advertisement