Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel account?

• 22-03-2019 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm with Eir until July (at least) - service is grand by and large.
    If at the appropriate time I wish to cancel further usage of the service - do I have to write in / email in?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Diceicle wrote: »
    Hi,

If at the appropriate time I wish to cancel further usage of the service - do I have to write in / email in?

Thank you for your help.
    There are multiple threads on this subject. The standard reply from the Eir reps is to ring their Loyalty team. Do a search & be prepared to wait ages for them to reply. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

There are multiple threads on this subject. The standard reply from the Eir reps is to ring their Loyalty team. Do a search & be prepared to wait ages for them to reply. Best of luck

They've just closed Eir support on boards so I'm guessing it'll be a longer wait ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

They're still active on here until the 29th arent they?
    If all else fails I can just send them a registered letter and email with a months notice just to be safe. 
    Don't want to be waiting an hour or more to upgrade my service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Diceicle wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you for your help.
    Hi Diceicle 

We can't cancel accounts through Social Media channels.  For more information on Cancelling/Switching please click here

Kind regards

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Diceicle 

We can't cancel accounts through Social Media channels.  For more information on Cancelling/Switching please click here

Kind regards

Linzi

I am not an Eir expert. (Required for boards moderator. )

To the very end Eir reps here keep pointing to a page that doesn't tell customers how to cancel.

Save yourself continued grief and cancel via the ComReg recognised complaints email address.

ccm@eir.ie.

No need to send a letter.

This meets the requirements of the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi Diceicle 

Kind regards

Linzi

Linzi

Can you confirm the address to send written notice of cancellation?

You're very helpful Web page (https://www.eir.ie/switching/) states:
    "Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in (1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services, or (2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.

Please contact a customer advisor who will advise of any charges which will be applicable on 1800 504 110."

No email or postal address provided? Does eir provide some form of technology that allows written notice be given via phone? Can I text 1800504110 for example? Maybe a WhatsApp?

Failing that can you confirm if the only postal address provided on that webpage is also a valid postal address for cancellations

Switchers team,
    eir
    Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

Failing that, can you please provide here on this thread the correct postal or email address to provide written notice of cancellation.

If you plan on replying by giving the phone number again, can you be so kind to confirm that text or WhatsApp is the appropriate use of the phone number in this instance to given written notification
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Uriel. wrote: »
    Hi Diceicle 

Kind regards

Linzi

Linzi

Can you confirm the address to send written notice of cancellation?

You're very helpful Web page (https://www.eir.ie/switching/) states:
    "Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in (1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services, or (2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.

Please contact a customer advisor who will advise of any charges which will be applicable on 1800 504 110."

No email or postal address provided? Does eir provide some form of technology that allows written  notice  be given via phone? Can I text 1800504110 for example? Maybe a WhatsApp?

Failing that can you confirm if the only postal address provided on that webpage is also a valid postal address for cancellations

Switchers team,
    eir
    Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

Failing that, can you please provide here on this thread the correct postal or email address to provide written notice of cancellation.

If you plan on replying by giving the phone number again, can you be so kind to confirm that text or WhatsApp is the appropriate use of the phone number in this instance to given written  notification
    Thanks
    Hi Uriel

You can't cancel by text or whatsApp.  The address on the link that I posted with the information above is the correct address to give written notice. 

Kind regards

Linzi

Advertisement