Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Guidance Interview

Options
  • 22-03-2019 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi everyone,
    I have an interview with DCU for the Postgrad in Guidance Counselling. Does anyone know what sort of questions they are asking who might have applied in previous years? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

If you’ve done a foundation course in counselling that’d be helpful. They might ask about theories of counselling. Guidance courses are a mix of counselling and career guidance. Obv questions like why do you want to do the course, if you’ve done any personal counselling. I can’t remember specific questions as it’s about 7yrars ago. Did the interview for Dcu but didn’t get it. Got the Maynooth course

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kittymc76

Thank you, Smallgarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

kittymc76 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I have an interview with DCU for the Postgrad in Guidance Counselling. Does anyone know what sort of questions they are asking who might have applied in previous years? Thank you in advance.

Just seeing your post now Kitty. Had my interview same day as you. Got word today through PAC that I didn’t get a place and that I’m on a waiting list. V disappointed. Hope you had better luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kittymc76

Hi Snor,
    Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get good news soon about the waiting list. I haven't had mine yet.
    Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

sorry - thought you had interview last week.pm sent. best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement