Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please don’t close eir boards

• 22-03-2019 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Very simply I’m posting to ask you to reconsider your decision to close this avenue of communication. I would not be with Eir without your Boards Reps. Your telephone customer service is appalling so I will be leaving Eir when/if this is closed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

GSOIRL wrote: »
    Very simply I’m posting to ask you to reconsider your decision to close this avenue of communication. I for one would not be with Eir without your Boards Reps. Your telephone customer service is appalling so I for one will be leaving Eir is that ends being my only option.

Problem resolved. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Oh, this will change their mind. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,050 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Joke of an organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Oh, this will change their mind. 

Most likely it won’t but it hasn’t caused me any harm posting my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Most likely it won’t but it hasn’t caused me any harm posting my opinion.

"Most likely it wont ".....cuckoo cuckoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

So you agree it was pointless but posted anyway... what's the word for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

lbc2019 wrote: »
    So you agree it was pointless but posted anyway... what's the word for that?

It's called making an effort anyway. Not as easy as being cynical but sometimes can actually get something done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

Contact Donald Tusk im sure he has a spot in hell for Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Im surprised they stayed as long as they did.
    They didnt provide any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,208 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

They probably got sick of us all having direct access to them.
    Its easier to keep someone on hold to elevator music for 30 minutes.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,050 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has to be one of the cheapest possible ways to interact with their customers but I suppose it exposes the joke of an organisation to public viewing of how utterly bad they are at about every single thing they operate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You could email the CEO of eir, but as I'm waiting for a reply since the 13th of March, you might be waiting your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Buttros

I've been helped here more than once. The web chat and phone are awful repeatedly got the run around. I found the reps on boards to be by far the most productive avenue to help with any issues. It's a pity it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Eir have closed their Community Forum. If they close this on has no real method to contact them.

With over 20 minutes waits on the Phone.

I spent 48 minutes waiting I did get through and had the problem sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Very simply I’m posting to ask you to reconsider your decision to close this avenue of communication. I would not be with Eir without your Boards Reps. Your telephone customer service is appalling so I will be leaving Eir when/if this is closed.
    Hi GSOIRL

Thanks for your feedback.  I will pass on your concerns to the management.

Kind regards

Linzi

Does your comment mean that EIR are thinking of closing this site. Where do we then go to raise issues.

No matter what your company are saying. Nothing has improved on CS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

you'd wonder how this will affect Boards.ie, I read somewhere recently (reddit i think, but can't find the comment now) that the majority of links from google to this site are to the Eir forum

Edit
    https://old.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/as7l2u/boardsie_traffic_has_fallen_off_a_cliff_in_recent/egsdu4g/
    The fourth most googled term that brings visitors to boards.ie is "boards.ie eircom webmail" ...

that was a month ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

airuser wrote: »
    Does your comment mean that EIR are thinking of closing this site.  Where do we then go to raise issues.

No matter what your company are saying.  Nothing has improved on CS.
    you'd wonder how this will affect Boards.ie, I read somewhere recently (reddit i think, but can't find the comment now) that the majority of links from google to this site are to the Eir forum

Edit
    https://old.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/as7l2u/boardsie_traffic_has_fallen_off_a_cliff_in_recent/egsdu4g/
    The fourth most googled term that brings visitors to boards.ie is "boards.ie eircom webmail" ...

that was a month ago
    The eir Boards forum will close from Monday 1st April.  You will be able to reach customer support through Facebook and Twitter. 

Regards

Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Similar to others i find closing the boards to be a bad decision. I have dealt with the reps on here, twitter,webchat and over the phone. Boards seems to be the best of the lot. The webchat people read from a script and get confused if we dont follow said script.  I am assuming the twitter people gets paid by the tweet as any time i have dealt with them i have gotten an reply that assumes they want rid of me rather than dealing with the query at hand. If you want to improve your CS shut twitter down leave boards open

Boards is a far better forum than twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 caylus

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi GSOIRL

Thanks for your feedback.  I will pass on your concerns to the management.

Kind regards

Linzi

Hey Linzi,

Will the boards be archived or deleted enterily on the 1st of April?

I think deleting them altogether will be a very big mistake. Currently, there is an unknown amount of people (but I suspect it to be quite large) who have issues other users already encountered, find this board, and solve their issues unseen by Eir with the instructions given in the threads already present on this board.

If the boards are completely deleted, people who could fix their own issues now have to contact customer service, leading to additional waiting times & frustration.

So I hope the boards will be archived, a.k.a. all the historic threads will still be present, it will just not be possible to respond to them.

Could you confirm which of the two options is going to happen?

Advertisement