Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

128GB & 6GB RAM for under 100 Euro

• 23-03-2019 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi .. Just purchased this phone a Vargo VX3 from eFox Shop.com ... Ordered it on Tuesday night, had it in my hand 8 days later.. paid an extra 24 Euro for courier delivery. It's got a huge inbuilt storage capacity... a 2.3ghz octa core processor and a rapid charge 3500mAh battery. Seems a lot of bang for your buck. Was wondering has anybody on here one of them and if so how did it perform over time. Additionally I had to pay 42 euro custom duty on it (DHL), Strange I thought as I've bought phones before from the far east and didn't have any customs duty. The phone was sent from Hong Kong. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

So you really paid €166 not €100.
    Never heard of that make before.
    What's version of Android?
    How are updates? Security and Android.
    What's the ROM like? Is it stock Android?
    What's the camera like?

Personally I think I'd rather buy a cheap Xiaomi or Honor or a discounted mid range Samsung.
    Even something like a Samsung J5 would be more appealing (to me).

anything sold from outside the EU is subject to VAT.

you just got lucky before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Could have got it free delivery with China Air Mail but God knows how long that would have taken. Was a bit disappointed to pay customs duty.. Have bought numerous tablets, phones and other electronic gadgets and never had to pay any duty (most of them if not all of them would have originated in China .. this phone was posted from Hong Kong .. don't know if that made a difference) ... so if i was prepared to wait and didn't have to pay the dam customs ..it was for less than a 100 Euro (97.89 to be precise).
    It runs on Android 7.1... with absolutely no bloatware whatsoever. Fingerprint sensor works in a millisecond to unlock, camera ..13 mp rear and 8 mp front. It all seems ok so far, it feels like a far more expensive handset and the storage/Ram alone make it a standout model given it's price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭corkie

You could have put the Name and Model of the phone in the title?

Crappy MediaTek device, which probably will be stuck on Nougat.

No Band 20, so possibly no LTE outside of towns.

https://www.gizmochina.com/product/vargo-vx3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Anything coming in from outside the EU with a 'Customs Value' over €22 (their valuation) is subject to VAT.
    If you got away with it with stuff coming from China by ordinary Post that doesn't mean you weren't liable...simply that of the millions of parcels coming into Ireland each year your few weren't checked by the Custom's Folk who work inside An Post's Sorting Depot.
    It doesn't matter if your Goods were sent from China, Hong Kong, or Canada. Once it comes in from outside the EU they will charge Vat, Custom's Duty, Excise duty etc. depending on the Value of the Goods.
    The only reason you were charged Duty this time is because DHL (and most other Couriers) will pass the Consignment to Customs to ascertain what amount (if any) is due. Technically they have imported the Goods and, as such, they are liable for the Duty. That's why they look for it from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"I bought the 2TB compooter because my grandson said 2TB was good" is what this strikes me as.

- Dead end device, nobody will ROM it
    - Mediatrash
    - No B20 as Corkie said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ED E wrote: »
    "I bought the 2TB compooter because my grandson said 2TB was good" is what this strikes me as.

- Dead end device, nobody will ROM it
    - Mediatrash
    - No B20 as Corkie said

Do you feel good about yourself now for being a dick to a stranger for no apparent reason? Knob. OP only asked did anybody know anything about the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Thanks for that.. unfortunately there is an awful lot of knobs about, all I asked for was .. did anybody have first hand experience of the phone , Corkie replied with his initial comment..."You could have put the Name and Model of the phone in the title?" and then proceeded to give me what Google gave him so a Knob badge for him (good man Corkie or is it Google)... and now onto the "TheMilkyPirate" .. very helpful advice (not) but why be a condescending tool ... never get that on boards .. be helpful or don't bother... of his 4558 posts on here I wonder has he always been a knob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP only asked did anybody know anything about the phone.

It wasn't a "should I buy this" post. It was
    128GB & 6GB RAM for under 100 Euro
    after purchasing post. Almost evangelising it without seeing its big shortcomings. Phrasing it like a bargain alert could induce others to order when its really not a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭leche solara

Luckydog69 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.. unfortunately there is an awful lot of knobs about, all I asked for was .. did anybody have first hand experience of the phone , Corkie replied with his initial comment..."You could have put the Name and Model of the phone in the title?" and then proceeded to give me what Google gave him so a Knob badge for him (good man Corkie or is it Google)... and now onto the "TheMilkyPirate" .. very helpful advice (not) but why be a condescending tool ... never get that on boards .. be helpful or don't bother... of his 4558 posts on here I wonder has he always been a knob?

I think you should pay a little bit more attention to what you're writing. You started your post above by thanking the previous poster (TheMilkyPirate!), then you go on to castigate them and wonder were they always a knob. Don't think they'd be too inclined to come to your assistance again. Think you might need to give yourself a knob badge while you're dishing them out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭corkie

@Luckydog69 And here is a Knob badge for yourself!

DMD-09.jpg

220px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png

Advertisement