Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT amount dispute

• 23-03-2019 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

So I went to pay VRT on my car today, 2018 Honda Civic Type R GT.

VRT Calculator quote is 9,907 https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s3 has been this or 9,904 consistently for a few weeks / months.

Went today and had to pay 11,005? Just wondering where this discrepancy comes from? the VRT amount isn't broken down on the receipt given.

I have the appeals form / procedure, do I have a case?

Revenue have OSMRP as 45,855 only one for sale in Ireland second hand at the moment is going for 44,995 and the other that sold recently was 50,000.

In and around 28,500-29,000GBP in the UK for similar. Any ideas what has happened here? All vehicle details are correct on VRT form.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

So I've figured it out... revenue have the vehicle down as 170 for emissions but the manufacturer has it as 176 which is what I put on the form bringing it into the 30% band.

Is there grounds to review this as revenue list it as 170emissions or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What is on the V5 document? I thought they had to go on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

What is on the V5 document? I thought they had to go on this?

176 I believe that is what I copied over.

Probably just **** outta luck, didn't know why the VRT was more expensive but it makes sense now.

Just clutching at straws now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Let it go.
    Enjoy the car. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

176 is the correct figure, you can try appeal but they will pull up the V5 and info from Honda if needed, as you have to prove its lower than the 176. I'd say the confusion is the online system using the previous models figure of 170 rather than the new 176

• Advertisement
Advertisement