Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Acne in early 30's

Options
  • 23-03-2019 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi All,

I have suffered from Acne since I was 13, and i'm now in my early 30's.

I have used Acnicide cream for years, however, it stains clothes!

I have also tried tea tree oil but it is quite oily and strong in smell.

Can anyone recommend a herbal tablet / supplement that clears acne and keeps it away?

Any advice would be great, thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Might be time to try Roaccuntane?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a herbal tablet / supplement that clears acne and keeps it away?

Go to a doctor to get a referral to a dermatologist. Your GP may prescribe you some tablets which may have some effect. I cannot remember the name of this but when you get to see your dermatologist, they will most likely get you start Roaccutane treatment. It is expensive but totally worth it. I spent years trying different methods with only one having some sort of an effect which was Duac but it wasn't enough. Roaccutane removed all acne from my skin and have been acne-free since August (started treatment last March/April).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mushrooms8me

Thanks for you reply Simi, however, I heard bad things about Roaccuntane. My GP did mention it during my teenage years, however, it never got to the stage when I required it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I developed adult acne a few years ago, my gp prescribed me Duac - its a cream antibiotic, my acne cleared up almost completely within a week, I continued to use it as a spot treatment for the next couple of months when the acne would resurface, my skin is completely clear now, I haven't used the cream in about 6 months as I haven't needed it.
    Might be worth giving a try.

Hot cloth cleansing is great for preventing spots, you can use any cleanser you like so might be a good idea to use one specifically for acne skin.
    Make sure to change your pillow covers regularly and dont allow pets to sleep on your bed.

+1 for MooGoo their products are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

There is a three step system called Obagi Clenziderm if you are willing to invest. It includes salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide to target acne. I've used it myself and found it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Thanks for you reply Simi, however, I heard bad things about Roaccuntane. My GP did mention it during my teenage years, however, it never got to the stage when I required it.

I was nervous about the side effects too, but once I did all my research and was prepared for them, I understood what was happening and it was all grand. 10 years on and I still have to have lip balm on my person at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Hi All,

Have you had good results with Acnicide? So the active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide (BP), and there are other BP products that you might have better luck with. I use Duac and it hasn't stained anything. Although as it keeps my acne under control, i wouldn't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Have you tried a dairy free diet? This is what finally cleared up my skin in my mid thirties. As with anything, it takes a few weeks to see an improvement. It takes about 3 weeks to get the dairy out of your system. Look out for hidden dairy products in the ingredient list of foods, usually starting with "lacto - something".
    Research it and see what you think. It has worked amazingly well for me.

Advertisement