Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newish to Skerries

Options
  • 24-03-2019 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a couple of suggestions.
    I'm relatively new to skerries and apart from OHs relations and few neighbours I don't really know many people.
    Any good ideas how to get to know people locally or get involved somewhere to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do you have any particular interests? Sport, art, amateur dramatics? There's a wealth of clubs & associations around Skerries & they're a great way to meet new people. You could probably get a list & more info from the Community Centre.

Failing that - there are many friendly people in the hostelries around the town. Nealon's & The Snug would be two of my favourites - not that I get out much these days. The Snug has a Vinyl Night on Tuesdays & Nealon's has live read music on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Do you have children? I've found getting involved with the Dublin County North Cuidiú group a good way to get to know other people locally.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Check the likes of Facebook etc too. There may be running groups and I know there is a triathlon group that sea swim in the area (if you're into that kind of thing:D) that would be a good way to get to know people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Pubs, pub quiz in Ollies on a Sunday night
    The community centre has weekend indoor football games
    The rugby club runs tag rugby for all ages during the week (Wednesday I think?)
    Check out the local GAA and football club
    There's Facebook groups as mentioned already
    The Little Theatre has an acting group

You couldn't have picked a friendlier town.

Advertisement