Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof RTÉ don't monitor output

• 24-03-2019 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭

I keep saying it. RTÉ don't actually watch what they broadcast :eek:

476188.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Lol

They look like apprentice boys

476188.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Yes noticed that this morning when I flicked on for a few secs. Far too much information on screen at any one time. You could easily improve this channel -carry a few U.S. news shows etc. but get rid off on screen clutter like they do when they show some Olympic football games.

When they carry Trump news conferences, LIVE events, Westminster etc. I would stay and watch only for all the onscreen junk - I usually switch to Sky News HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

476188.png

They were only out by a week - nothing to worry about. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Happens to the best of them

Last Monday BBC Radio 4 accidently broadcast the same episode of the latest Alexi Sayle show 2 weeks in a row instead of the intended final episode .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

2FM doesn't even know to disconnect the other studios (that might be doing a recorded piece) when they are broadcasting. At least once a week I'll hear two different simultaneous streams from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

SPDUB wrote: »
    Happens to the best of them

Last Monday BBC Radio 4 accidently broadcast the same episode of the latest Alexi Sayle show 2 weeks in a row instead of the intended final episode .

And they read out the same maths quiz question two days in a row. On two different occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭egal

And Lyric FM constantly unable to connect to the newsroom for the 1.30 news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You would think a reporter employed by the BBC to do the sports news would know how to pronounce players names and venues for games. I wouldn't mind but he came up with two different weird pronunciations of Podgorica an hour apart, as well as repeating the very odd pronunciation of (Josh) Magennis.

Listen at 38.40 for the first ones. Stephen Nolan, or his producer should have put him right for the later ones.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0003khr

Advertisement