Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google contacts driving me spare

Options
  • 24-03-2019 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Since late last week, Google has started messing up my contacts, assigning people birthdays they don't have. I lost patience earlier today, exported, cleaned up the csv file, then deleted all and re-imported.

All clean.

Then, an hour later, everybody's got random birthdays again. It's not completely random, the dates involved are birthdays for some of my contacts (family for example), but it's just mixing them all up, I've got 8 people who have a birthday on Wednesday (and the one contact whose birthday it is on Wednesday isn't one of them).

I just don't know where it's getting its information from and it appears to only be birthdays that are affected, but it's very annoying. Anybody had this issue before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

By a process of elimination, I found that there was an app installed on my phone called Birthdays (I installed it when I first got the phone, and forgot about it). This seemed to be the cause of the weird birthdays, setting up a new calendar and messing up my contacts. I re-imported this morning after uninstalling the app, and will wait and see what happens.

Advertisement