Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Changed Plane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi
    I have flights to Orlando in April, and had the "throne" seats booked on this flight, having spent quite a bit to upgrade as a treat.

I now see that on Aer Lingus it's the 2-2-2 configuration too - am I correct in saying this is the GEY aircraft you are talking about, or did someone say it's gone for upgrading?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Hi
    I have flights to Orlando in April, and had the "throne" seats booked on this flight, having spent quite a bit to upgrade as a treat.

I now see that on Aer Lingus it's the 2-2-2 configuration too - am I correct in saying this is the GEY aircraft you are talking about, or did someone say it's gone for upgrading?

Thanks!

That's GEY and the word is that it is getting regular maintence but not any changes in the cabin, so you will be flying the 2-2-2 config.

I guess all of the above goes back to what I originally said about GEY - It creates negative customer experiences in the premium segment, where people do spend money (for business or personal) based on the product they expect to get. Now if it's a fact of life that EI can't get the parts they need, so be it; but they should probably limit GEY to 1 route and ensure as best they possibly can that it's scheduled out as far in the future as people are booking. That way any sub ins will either be the superior product or a short notice tech issue that just is what it is. This is pretty much what they did when they got her and kept her on IAD.

Advertisement