Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doula/Hypnobirthing Training

Options
  • 25-03-2019 10:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭

I hope I have this in the right forum....(if not feel free to move :) )

I'm currently looking into training as either a Doula or Hypnobirthing Practitioner.

Has anyone here trained as either...or even used one and would like to share their experiences?

All info greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We used a Doula for out first little gem and have to say we found her fantastic.

I actually found it horrible (with public) that there was no option for my husband to come to antenatal classes with me. The couples one was never available and we were more or less told it was never really ran, and the other option then was that I would go to the classes which were all during the day (so really if your partner etc was working he could not go or if both of ye were) and there was one class at the end of the course that my husband could go to, and that was more or less to learn how to fit a car seat..

Now I hate the old sexist route but this was the worst I have come across and felt very bad that my husband was treated as being just nothing..

So sorry for waffle but it does make me angry, we booked a Doula to come to the house from Ciudiu and we were delighted. She told us so much information and it was loverly and relaxed in our own home. She provided so much support for us both before and after.. Would highly recommend anyone to go to one.. Would think also having one there as a birthing partner or support would just be fantastic

Advertisement