Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gitch that shows evidence of deleted threads.

Options
  • 25-03-2019 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe you already know this, but there seems to be some glitch (in vBulletin skin at least) that shows links to deleted threads (re-reg troll in this case, I presume).

The thread itself isn't visible inside the forum, but as the attached screenshots show, the links to it from outside are.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi osarusan,

This skin is no longer supported, so I'm afraid we won't be able to investigate this further. As far as I'm aware though you won't be able to actually click into the thread, so the contents will remain a mystery :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've noted before that the "last post" shown in the parent directory remains visible, but the links do not work for deleted threads

It's unfortunate when that may highlight offensive usernames or thread titles, but usually another thread "overtakes" the originally visible one fairly quickly

Advertisement