If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching Speakers to the Audiolab 6000a

Options
  • 25-03-2019 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an Audiolab 6000a and I want to get a set of floorstanders to match. I'm between the KEF550s and the Monitor Audio 200's. I want the best speakers I can afford but I am not willing to go over 1200. I have Dali Zensor 3's but I'm not convinced they are good all rounders and this has put me off Dali a bit but I could be convinced if the higher models are better.

Room size is 11' x 18'. I don't like too much bass.

What would you recommend?

Thanks
    Stephen.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Quattroste wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an Audiolab 6000a and I want to get a set of floorstanders to match. I'm between the KEF550s and the Monitor Audio 200's. I want the best speakers I can afford but I am not willing to go over 1200. I have Dali Zensor 3's but I'm not convinced they are good all rounders and this has put me off Dali a bit but I could be convinced if the higher models are better.

Room size is 11' x 18'. I don't like too much bass.

What would you recommend?

Thanks
    Stephen.
    Hi Stephen,

Between those I would recommend the Silver 200s which are incredible speakers. The Kefs are very good as well but I find the Silvers more balanced. The bass isn't overpowering but very tight and controlled and allows the mid range and treble to perform without overpowering it. I have a set of the Silver 200s on display and in that price range there's nothing that really touch them!

The Silver 200s are currently 1149 euro including shipping.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Stephen,

thanks for the post and what a nice problem to have :) - in addition to David's suggestion on the Silver 200 which are stunning I have another idea - we have a pair of the Fyne Audio F501 which have arrived with us in a scruffy box - they are completely sealed and the box is not damaged but we can do a concession price on them.

They are in the stunning Black Gloss finish, normally retail at £1299 / €1499 - we can do that one specific pair at €949 including shipping - they would literally be head and shoulders above the Zensor 3..

Check the review out here:
    https://www.whathifi.com/fyne-audio/f501/review

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Hi Stephen,

thanks for the post and what a nice problem to have :) - in addition to David's suggestion on the Silver 200 which are stunning I have another idea - we have a pair of the Fyne Audio F501 which have arrived with us in a scruffy box - they are completely sealed and the box is not damaged but we can do a concession price on them.

They are in the stunning Black Gloss finish, normally retail at £1299 / €1499 - we can do that one specific pair at €949 including shipping - they would literally be head and shoulders above the Zensor 3..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Did you get my email?

Regards
    Stephen.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Quattroste wrote: »
    Hi Stephen,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Did you get my email?

Regards
    Stephen.
    Hi Quattroste.

Everything is reserved for you at this end for you :)

Just drop us an email once the money has been transferred. 

• Registered Users Posts: 30 terraces

👋 I'm reviving the thread as I'm also looking for speakers for a 6000a. 

Lower budget though, around the 700€ range. Dali Oberon 5, Q acoustics 3050i, Fyne 301/2 are in my shortlist, as well as Tannoy XT6f (higher price, but I've seen some great deals). Do you have any recommendations? Love some good bass, but rather in the double bass / jazz / soul sense rather than boomy EDM ones.

I might also be open to something else depending on current deals (graded, open box etc) you might have.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

terraces wrote: »
    👋 I'm reviving the thread as I'm also looking for speakers for a 6000a. 

Lower budget though, around the 700€ range. Dali Oberon 5, Q acoustics 3050i, Fyne 301/2 are in my shortlist, as well as Tannoy XT6f (higher price, but I've seen some great deals). Do you have any recommendations? Love some good bass, but rather in the double bass / jazz / soul sense rather than boomy EDM ones.

I might also be open to something else depending on current deals (graded, open box etc) you might have.

Thanks!
    Hi Terraces,

Around that budget I would look at the Fyne F303 at 699 euro. They sound amazing and would be the best speaker to go for before you get to the F501 and the Silver 200 speakers around the 1000 euro mark.:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13445-fyne-audio-f303-black-black-ash-speakers-per-pair.aspx

We have a few Fyne models on demo and they do sound very impressive!

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.