Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonkers switch account set up in different name

Options
  • 25-03-2019 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, 

Last week I went ahead and submitted an order through Bonkers to switch from Energia to Electric Ireland due to better rates. 
    A few days later I got the confirmation mail from Electric Ireland but it referenced my mothers name who is in a different address (but does have her own account with electric Ireland from years back).

I then tried to cancel the order altogether as I dont have the time to be messing around with trying to sort this out but now electric Ireland will now talk to me as the account is not in my name even though that's what I set it up with and the MPRN is tied to my address. 

I know I have 14 days cooling off period to cancel but these are quickly running out, I asked my mother to call Friday and she was told that the switching team were too busy and could she call back Saturday, she was told that they will not be able to call her when they were not busy, and they do not have a direct line that she would need to go through general inquiries. 

I then tried to call again today and I was told that all the systems are down and to try call back later or tomorrow....

Can someone here please help me. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi SteelyDanJalapeno,

Sorry to read of this mix-up.

If you still wish to switch to Electric Ireland, you can do so through the Electric Ireland website.

With regard to the account that was set up in your mother's name, could you advise her to email sales@electricireland.ie ASAP so that the Sales admin team can look into why this happened?

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hi SteelyDanJalapeno,

Sorry to read of this mix-up.

If you still wish to switch to Electric Ireland, you can do so through the Electric Ireland website.

With regard to the account that was set up in your mother's name, could you advise her to email sales@electricireland.ie ASAP so that the Sales admin team can look into why this happened?

Thanks,
    Una
    Hi Una, 

It mentions on the Electric Ireland site that the response time for email is up to 3 days, As I 've mentioned the cooling off period is only 14 days of which 6 or 7 have already passed, are you recommending email is still the best communication channel? 

To be clear, or to summarize : 

I confirmed with Bonkers that they passed along my own name and MPRN and my bank account details for Direct Debit. 
    The letter my mother received this morning is registered to her address (which would be a completely different MPRN) and it references my bank account details for direct debit. 
    It's very worrying that these details were sent to somebody other than me, luckily it was to my mother.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi SteelyDanJalapeno,

Thanks for your post.

The Sales email team respond sooner than the Service email team - alternatively the Sales team can be phoned on 1850 30 50 90. This will not put your mother through to the Sales admin team directly, but the agent could consult with a member of the admin team for her.

Unfortunately the details need to be viewed to see why this happened, and the matter can only be discussed with whomever is named on the account. We understand that it was intended for you, however it still has to be discussed with your mother only, if it is in her name.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement