If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambilight

Options
  • 25-03-2019 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

Have got stuff off ye before, but it is a while ago now!

I am looking for an Ambilight tv for a bedroom so doesn’t have to be top spec or anything as it won’t be the main tv..Ambilight is the main requirement…

Needs to be over > 46” in screen size and can be an older model if you have any deals on anything? Or even damaged box type considered!

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi lads

Have got stuff off ye before, but it is a while ago now!

I am looking for an Ambilight tv for a bedroom so doesn’t have to be top spec or anything as it won’t be the main tv..Ambilight is the main requirement…

Needs to be over > 46” in screen size and can be an older model if you have any deals on anything? Or even damaged box type considered!

Thanks
    Hi Technophobe,

Good to hear from you again! 

You'd be starting off for an Ambilight TV with the Philips 50PUS6703 at £419:

https://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=50pus6703&swapstore=1#pgnum=&sort=

This TV is a great 4K, smart panel with a great picture. It's a 50" screen as well. Unfortunately I don't have any open box ambilight TVs a the moment.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

thanks David,will have a look..

Presume you are aware Currys are selling that at £399 ?

Is that a silver or black border/frame on it?
    thanks again

Michael

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi technophobe,

thanks for the reply - yep they are selling it at £399 but they don't deliver to the ROI and of course they don't include a 6 year warranty - their 6 year warranty ( which admittedly includes accidental damage) costs an additional £359 over 6 years...

They don't appear to list it on their ROI site..

Thanks again and keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

can you tell me about frame colour pls

Hi Technophobe,

The frame is a dark brushed silver.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Technophobe,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David..Yes I am happy to go with the 50" one so..let me know what next steps..ta

Hi Technophobe,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David..Yes I am happy to go with the 50" one so..let me know what next steps..ta
    Hi Technophobe,

If you drop me a PM with your contact number I can give you a call to process or you can order online at www.richersounds.ie

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Hi Richer Sounds

2 healthcare workers looking for smallest ambilight tv you guys might have for our little house. I think its 42inch?
    Any open box models to keep us entertained when we are not at work during lockdown?

Thank you

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

kaerobe wrote: »
    Hi Richer Sounds

2 healthcare workers looking for smallest ambilight tv you guys might have for our little house. I think its 42inch?
    Any open box models to keep us entertained when we are not at work during lockdown?

Thank you
    Hi Kaerobe,

Thanks for the post!

The smallest ambilight TV would be the Philips 43PUS7805 at £399/449 euro! It would also be one of the best entry level-mid range 4K TVs!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204868-philips-43pus7805-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

kaerobe wrote: »
    Hi Richer Sounds

Thank you
    Hi Kaerobe,

Thanks for the post!

The smallest ambilight TV would be the Philips 43PUS7805 at £399/449 euro! It would also be one of the best entry level-mid range 4K TVs!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204868-philips-43pus7805-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for that. Im not sure if youve seen the current deals on Amazon or Currys?

• Advertisement

Kaerobe,

thanks for the post - we try to keep up :) but if there are specific links you would like us to check out keep us posted ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Going to chime in on this somewhat old thread as very similar situation to the original OP.  I've previously bought equipment from yourselves including a Philips OLED a couple of years ago so you would always be my preferred source for anything audio/visual.

With large TVs now predominately wall mounted are most Philips TVs 3-sided Ambilight or do you stock any that are all round.  It's quite an obvious void on a wall and especially in a bedroom where I'd have the TV mounted quite high so a bottom light Ambilight would be more beneficial than a top.

As with the OP I'm starting to look for a bedroom TV.  Focusing the search on just Philips for now as in addition to existing TV I also have Philips Hue lighting so a good partnership.  While a 43" would be sufficient I believe I can make a 50" work so that's probably preferred for now.  
    Can you advise of the differences between the 50PUS7805 at £449 and the 50PUS8555 at £549.  Are the panels the same and only difference is that the 8555 model has Android TV rather than being classed as Smart, has an extra HDMI port and slightly faster image processing?  Quite a big difference in price so another other benefits I'm missing.

Any expected price reductions around Black Fri sales or even Jan, I'm not in any rush to purchase as already in possession of an older 32" Samsung which is perfectly fine.

Going to chime in on this somewhat old thread as very similar situation to the original OP.  I've previously bought equipment from yourselves including a Philips OLED a couple of years ago so you would always be my preferred source for anything audio/visual.

With large TVs now predominately wall mounted are most Philips TVs 3-sided Ambilight or do you stock any that are all round.  It's quite an obvious void on a wall and especially in a bedroom where I'd have the TV mounted quite high so a bottom light Ambilight would be more beneficial than a top.

As with the OP I'm starting to look for a bedroom TV.  Focusing the search on just Philips for now as in addition to existing TV I also have Philips Hue lighting so a good partnership.  While a 43" would be sufficient I believe I can make a 50" work so that's probably preferred for now.  
    Can you advise of the differences between the 50PUS7805 at £449 and the 50PUS8555 at £549.  Are the panels the same and only difference is that the 8555 model has Android TV rather than being classed as Smart, has an extra HDMI port and slightly faster image processing?  Quite a big difference in price so another other benefits I'm missing.

Any expected price reductions around Black Fri sales or even Jan, I'm not in any rush to purchase as already in possession of an older 32" Samsung which is perfectly fine.
    Thanks for the post Dr_Colossus,

There are no Philips ambilight TVs that are 4 sided, they're all 3 Sided by the looks of it!

In terms of the difference between the 7805 and the 8555, you hit the nail on the head! They both use the P5 Picture Perfect Engine but the 8555 has better motion processing as well as Android and an extra HDMI! The 8555 also comes with a QWERTY remote and has a better stand design.

A lot of our Black Friday pricing has actually started early but we also have a 14 Day Price Promise so if you do buy now and the price drops within 14 days we can refund the difference if you let us know!

Kind regards

David

Kaerobe,

thanks for the post - we try to keep up :) but if there are specific links you would like us to check out keep us posted ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089N2WPC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_dlC_I77QFbYZHF3S2

and 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089NJTH49/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi Kaerobe,

many thanks for the post.

Unfortunately we don't stock the 43PUS8545 - we do stock the 43PUS7805 and we are priced at £349 - but that price includes a 6 year guarantee.

The Amazon price including THEIR 2 year warranty, which to be fair, does include 2 year's accidental damage, is an additional £58.39 - to give a total of £387.39 ..

..happy to meet you 1/2 way on the 43PUS7805 and do you a voucher to reduce it to just £339 if you would like to purchase..

thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Hi Kaerobe,

Unfortunately we don't stock the 43PUS8545 - we do stock the 43PUS7805 and we are priced at £349 - but that price includes a 6 year guarantee.

The Amazon price including THEIR 2 year warranty, which to be fair, does include 2 year's accidental damage, is an additional £58.39 - to give a total of £387.39 ..

..happy to meet you 1/2 way on the 43PUS7805 and do you a voucher to reduce it to just £339 if you would like to purchase..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Can you PM me a voucher for the 43PUS7805

logistic wrote: »
    Hi Kaerobe,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Can you PM me a voucher for the 43PUS7805
    Hi logistic,

I'll get that sent across to you asap!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Hi Lads

I am back again since my previous ambilight purchase.
    What could you knock off the 50PUS7805? 
    Amazon have it for 369.
    not withstanding the warranty difference ect.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

There are no Philips ambilight TVs that are 4 sided, they're all 3 Sided by the looks of it!
    Thanks for response and confirmation.  Following further research the 50PUS9005 is similar to the 50PUS8555 but has 4 sided ambilight however I don't see this listed on your website.  Is this something you may be able to stock in the future.  Surprised there isn't more demand for 4 side ambilight.

brightkane wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Amazon have it for 369.

Cheers
    Hi brightkane,

Thanks for the post!

The absolute best price I can do on the 50PUS7805 would be £399 but I can include shipping for you!

I really have no movement on the 50" and the Amazon price only comes with a manufacturer warranty.

Le me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks for response and confirmation.  Following further research the 50PUS9005 is similar to the 50PUS8555 but has 4 sided ambilight however I don't see this listed on your website.  Is this something you may be able to stock in the future.  Surprised there isn't more demand for 4 side ambilight.
    Hi Dr Colossus,

Unfortunately the PUS9005 is not showing in our incoming stock file so it's not an item we will be able to supply unfortunately.

I'll certainly keep an eye out for it though just in case.

Kind regards

David

Hi Lads

Amazon have it for 369.

Cheers
    Hi brightkane,

Thanks for the post!

The absolute best price I can do on the 50PUS7805 would be £399 but I can include shipping for you!

I really have no movement on the 50" and the Amazon price only comes with a manufacturer warranty.

Kind regards

David
    What about a tenner off like the 43 inch 😉

Hi Lads

Amazon have it for 369.

Cheers
    Hi brightkane,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi Brightkane.

Unfortunately we just don't have the movement on the 50PUS7805.

I could offer free shipping on it to help which is normally £6.99 to the South Of Ireland.

You also get our VIP 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

Kenny.

Hi Lads

Amazon have it for 369.

Cheers
    Hi brightkane,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi Brightkane.

Unfortunately we just don't have the movement on the 50PUS7805.

I could offer free shipping on it to help which is normally £6.99 to the South Of Ireland.

You also get our VIP 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

Kenny.
    Green light here Kenny. Will call tomorrow 

Thanks Bright,

give him some grief, he has had the whole weekend off :D :D 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks Bright,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John

Just ordered earlier.

Thanks Bright,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John

Just ordered earlier.
    Cheers for the order BrightKane :)

Kenny.

Thanks Bright,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John

Just ordered earlier.

Kenny.
    Arrived today . Some service and beautiful tv 

Question.. as you know I now have a 65 and 50 ambilight from you and a linsar 55 inch. If I sold the linsar privately would the warranty transfer. I would be selling to get a 55 ambilight from you ! 

Thanks Bright,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John

Just ordered earlier.

Kenny.

Question.. as you know I now have a 65 and 50 ambilight from you and a linsar 55 inch. If I sold the linsar privately would the warranty transfer. I would be selling to get a 55 ambilight from you ! 
    Hi Brightkane.

Excellent that you have received the new TV :)

Our 6 year guarantee is non transferable unfortunately. It is only valid to the customer who purchased the TV from us.

Prices are tight on the Ambi Light at the minute but if there is one in particular you are after I can see if anything can be done on its price for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks Bright,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John

Just ordered earlier.

Kenny.

Hi Brightkane.

Excellent that you have received the new TV :)

Our 6 year guarantee is non transferable unfortunately. It is only valid to the customer who purchased the TV from us.

Prices are tight on the Ambi Light at the minute but if there is one in particular you are after I can see if anything can be done on its price for you.
    Cheers Kenny

Looking for a price on 2 more 50pus7805.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.