Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postman keeps dropping post on my dog

Options
  • 25-03-2019 2:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with my postman. We get a new one last year, and ever since we've been having issues with him dropping post on our dog. My dog likes to sit under the door in the morning, and barks when anyone approaches the door. He's impossible to miss.

This morning he dropped a heavy package on my dog through the letter box. It was a book from amazon. I've said it to him and he has apologiezed for it. I've emailed An Post and they ignored me.

If it's a heavy package, can he not knock and hand it instead of hurting my dog.

Any advice here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

keep the dog away from the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If you are blaming this on the Postman, there is something profoundly wrong with you.

You bet they ignored you, if it isn't made up you sound like the type to shoot up the Post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭McSween

Get a kindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am confused . Where do you expect the postman to actually put your post ? Put a box on the wall outside if the dog won't move from under the letter box

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Honestly....????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Hopefully the dog has learned a lesson.leave the post man alone,he is doing his job

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

So your dog is in sitting under the letter box? Hardly the postman fault here.
    Maybe look at what you can do to get your dog away from the postbox or just put a postbox on the wall outside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am confused . Where do you expect the postman to actually put your post ? Put a box on the wall outside if the dog won't move from under the letter box

Do not put the dog in to this post box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Put a cage to catch post, get an external mail box, get a smaller letterbox that won't allow parcels to fit through or move the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

A small wire rack to catch the post might help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The postman apologized? What exactly are you annoyed about? He put your post through the letter box. It landed on your dog he apologized and you thought to yourself I’ll take this further.

If this has happened multiple times your dog is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Do postmen still whistle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Your dog is the problem not the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Speak to your dog and calmly discuss the matter?

(Well, that seems to be what you want the postman to do...)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

dog-bike-helmet-travel-gear_1800x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Letter catcher.
    714-PI13LuL._SX425_.jpg

Do you expect the post man to whistle in the door before posting?

You actually remind me of Mrs Bucket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Well you've already gotten a new post man, so you've 2 options left.

A new house or a new dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Your dog is the problem not the postman.

Or perhaps the OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

How can you expect your postman not to do his job - which is to get your post delivered from A to B. The dog is not his problem its yours. ! It's not ideal it landing on the dog, but what else do you expect him to do. You could end up in a situation where youd have to go collect your post if the dog becomes an issue for the postman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Or perhaps the OP!!

Maybe the dog logged into her boards and is writing the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Customer complains post is being put through letter box by postman.

We have a new champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

upupup wrote: »
    Hopefully the dog has learned a lesson.leave the post man alone,he is doing his job

Maybe thats what the book was - "A dog's guide to getting out of the way of heavy falling objects" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Xodar wrote: »
    A small wire rack to catch the post might help?

He could put it on the dogs back and train it to bring it in to the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

OP have you tried tieing him up?

The dog, not the postman!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

Simples - restrict the letterbox so that it can only be opened half way

Screw a small screw into one or both of the internal sides of the door

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Raise this directly with the Head of Postal Services (c/o the GPO), include photos if possible, and ideally a victim impact statement from the dog (obviously you'll have to write this yourself, dogs can usually read written English but are unable to grip a pen).

If that doesn't get what you want, you should be able to contact the World Telecommunication union in Geneva, Switzerland. Again they may require a written statement from the dog, but it will need to be in both English & French. For the latter, best thing is to see if a neighbour has a Bichon Frise who would be willing to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Thread has brightened up my day. Thanks, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Sorry , but this one of funniest consumer issues I have seen on boards and unsure if it’s a serious issue or if the OP is trolling.
    Where are you expecting the postman to put the post ? ... move the bloody dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,883 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

endacl wrote: »
    Thread has brightened up my day. Thanks, OP!

Yeah I saw it on the front page and realised immediately it was one you'd have to follow. Was not disappointed. Brightened up Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

A little early for April fools isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement