Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postman keeps dropping post on my dog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

drodOG4f1SQw.gif

Absolutely ridiculous.

Postman does his job and you complain. He hasn't got time to knock on your door whenever the package is a bit heavy.

Buy one of those cages which attaches to the slot and catches the mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

harr wrote: »
    Sorry , but this one of funniest consumer issues I have seen on boards and unsure if it’s a serious issue or if the OP is trolling.
    Where are you expecting the postman to put the post ? ... move the bloody dog.
    And get a cat. They are more intelligent than dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dav010 wrote: »
    Customer complains post is being put through letter box by postman.

We have a new champion.

I would LOVE to have seen the face on whoever received that complaint as they read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Great thread. I’ve got a picture now in my head of the dog staggering around dazed and confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

splinter65 wrote: »
    Great thread. I’ve got a picture now in my head of the dog staggering around dazed and confused.

So have I :) and sitting under the door every morning wondering why people are dropping stuff on his head ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Get a kindle.

And teach it to bark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

harr wrote: »
    So have I :) and sitting under the door every morning wondering why people are dropping stuff on his head ...

A better image is the OP watching this happen, taking a step back, hands on hips scrunching his face up, hand moving up to his chin and slowly coming to the realization that the only way to stop this happening is by complaining to the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Maybe the dog logged into her boards and is writing the post

ha! I thought the same. Reminded me of this:

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/778993526818410496

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

OP. Keep your dog away from the letterbox

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

hmmm wrote: »
    Raise this directly with the Head of Postal Services (c/o the GPO), include photos if possible, and ideally a victim impact statement from the dog (obviously you'll have to write this yourself, dogs can usually read written English but are unable to grip a pen).

If that doesn't get what you want, you should be able to contact the World Telecommunication union in Geneva, Switzerland. Again they may require a written statement from the dog, but it will need to be in both English & French. For the latter, best thing is to see if a neighbour has a Bichon Frise who would be willing to assist.

I laughed, very loudly

• Advertisement

Lol the fuk.

You contacted the post office and complained that the post man was putting post through the letterbox.

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Your dog is the problem not the postman.

The dog is not the problem....the OP is the problem!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

devlinio wrote: »
    He's impossible to miss.

The postman certainly didn't miss him.... head shot !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with my postman. We get a new one last year, and ever since we've been having issues with him dropping post on our dog. My dog likes to sit under the door in the morning, and barks when anyone approaches the door. He's impossible to miss.

This morning he dropped a heavy package on my dog through the letter box. It was a book from amazon. I've said it to him and he has apologiezed for it. I've emailed An Post and they ignored me.

If it's a heavy package, can he not knock and hand it instead of hurting my dog.

Any advice here?

Nice troll edit hahaha.

When is this grin going to go away? I'm getting a bit worried I might be permanently happy because of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

If i was the postman id stick the book up your hole

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Leonita

This has to be one of the funniest threads I've ever read. The responses are hilarious. :-)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

If it's a heavy package, can he not knock and hand it instead of hurting my dog.

Not for every package.
    Expensive packages usually need to be explicitly signed for by the receiver, and that means more expensive postage costs too.

Won't someone think of the book as it fell through the letterbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cath54

The people beside me here on the bus must think im a lunatic laughing away to myself!
    Best laugh i've had in ages....

Cath54 wrote: »
    The people beside me here on the bus must think im a lunatic laughing away to myself!
    Best laugh i've had in ages....

I know right. Just get a good mental image of it and it's gas.

Plop Bang Oh No.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If he will push a parcel through a letterbox, he'll push a person down a stairs.

This Postman needs to be apprehend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Letter catcher.
    714-PI13LuL._SX425_.jpg

Do you expect the post man to whistle in the door before posting?

You actually remind me of Mrs Bucket.

Prounounced Bu Kaaayyyyy ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

The dog sounds really stupid but the owner sounds ................. too.

Is this a wind up.

If not buy the dog a bicycle helmet.

Stick a sign inside the door
    20614-2T.jpg

36 minutes in and already a candidate for legendary boards threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

No one has suggested the really obvious solutions of putting a chair in front of the door for the dog to sit on, getting a bigger dog or moving the letter box to the bottom of the door.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Order more books from amazon, and set up a camera to record it. Stick it on youtube and you'll be set for internet points for life!

OP, what do you think should happen? You have a flap on you door that is clearly intended for letters. Post man has a letter. You are now the postman. What do you do?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭devlinio

Arseholes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement