Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry compliant map

Options
  • 25-03-2019 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Solicitor has asked me to get a Land registry compliant map for apartment I'm selling. Would such a map not be included with the deeds that the mortgage bank had. Or would such a map not have been registered when I bought the property.?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You have to buy one from Ordnance Survey Ireland.
    You may need to engage an architect or Surveyor to outline the maps in questions, and usually they include the cost of the maps in their quote or at the very least, get the map on your behalf and bill you for it as part of the costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

kceire wrote: »
    You have to buy one from Ordnance Survey Ireland.
    You may need to engage an architect or Surveyor to outline the maps in questions, and usually they include the cost of the maps in their quote or at the very least, get the map on your behalf and bill you for it as part of the costs.

I had to get this done last year. As said, osi supply them.
    I then got a surveyor to map my property minus the cost of the map.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I had to get this done last year. As said, osi supply them.
    I then got a surveyor to map my property minus the cost of the map.

House or apartment?

OP is an apartment so there’s 3 or 4 maps required.
    You have to map the site, the apartment block, the apartment within the block. I had to do this about 2 years ago for a friend but I understand different solicitors may require different maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

Seems like a bit of another shakedown?? Anyone got an idea of the cost involved?? Mine is a house and reg of deeds not good enough!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

flowerific wrote: »
    Solicitor has asked me to get a Land registry compliant map for apartment I'm selling. Would such a map not be included with the deeds that the mortgage bank had. Or would such a map not have been registered when I bought the property.?

Many apartments were not registered when purchased, up till a few years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement