Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone not working after broadband installation

• 25-03-2019 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭

We had Eir fibre installed last wednesday (a week later than we had originally been told it would be fitted). The engineer connected the router and we swapped over the phone line. When we rang to it, it was coming up offline and when we rang out we got a random Wexford number (we're in Galway). Engineer told us there was nothing he could do.

We contacted Eir, they blamed the engineer. We rang KN they said it was nothing to do with them. We contacted Eir back and was told it would take 7-10 days to transfer but were transferred to another person who said 24-48hrs and we would get a text to confirm. We're now into the following week and have been trying Eir all morning to get an answer on when our phone will be reconnected.

The service so far has been a disgrace. Rude and unhelpful with no one taking any interest in resolving the issue. Can you help me with this as your phone "customer service" have no interest in helping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

threeball wrote: »
    We had Eir fibre installed last wednesday (a week later than we had originally been told it would be fitted). The engineer connected the router and we swapped over the phone line. When we rang to it, it was coming up offline and when we rang out we got a random Wexford number (we're in Galway). Engineer told us there was nothing he could do.

We contacted Eir, they blamed the engineer. We rang KN they said it was nothing to do with them. We contacted Eir back and was told it would take 7-10 days to transfer but were transferred to another person who said 24-48hrs and we would get a text to confirm. We're now into the following week and have been trying Eir all morning to get an answer on when our phone will be reconnected.

The service so far has been a disgrace. Rude and unhelpful with no one taking any interest in resolving the issue. Can you help me with this as your phone "customer service" have no interest in helping.
    Hi threeball 

I do apologise for the trouble you have been having with your phone line.  Could you pm me the following details and I will look into this for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Kind regards

Linzi

Advertisement