Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrow Way

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭tom traubert

You can swim in Bagnelstown. Each summer there's a stretch there under lifeguard supervision but they'll be finishing up this week I imagine. That stretch is on the town side of the outdoor swimming pool. There's a slip there.

Further upstream Leighlinbridge would be handy for a pint and or a substantial meal. I'd recommend The Lord Bagenal there. Nice hotel built on to an old school bar.

A bit further upstream again, at Milford (nice scenic area with a bit of history) there's the Barrow Brew for coffee and refreshment. There's also a sauna and plunge pool there (opened this year) which can be pre booked if you're feeling indulgent.

www.valhallasaunas.ie (hope it's ok to post the link - I have no connection to the business but in do know the owners)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭guanciale

Thank you very much folks. Really appreciate the recommendations. Weather forecast looks good and I have wanted to do the Barrow south out Athy for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭cletus

Graiguenamanagh has a lovely cafe/restaurant. I've had breakfast there a few times while paddling through

Advertisement