Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re landlord notice

Options
  • 25-03-2019 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just have a quick question please. I have looked on line but am still slightly confused to the answer. I think our landlord may be coming to see us this weekend with the intent to sell the house. Im just looking at the notice period that should be given if we have to leave. We've been there for almost 9 years now so my understanding is that we should get 224 days notice? However theres something about if the landlord is selling there may be different notice or am I reading that wrong? Just want to have an idea before they come to us so we can start thinking of a dreaded move if that is the case! Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

I think 224 days notice is correct. The notice must be in writing and must contain a Statutory Declaration of the Landlords intention to sell. Details of what would be a valid notice is on the RTB website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

thank you both. That is what I took from it too but with intention to sell I wasn't sure if there was some different clause. I may be jumping the gun anyway, they havent said anything but its either selling or increasing Im sure!

Advertisement