Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50m Swimming pool in Cork

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes. My point still stands.

I've reported the post (twice) but for some reason the mods seem to think it's OK to speculate on whether another poster has OCD or autism. I fail to see the value of such a post, regardless of how I feel about the posts in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭goochy

Ok possibly I was our of order , I just don't like the tone of the posts . Criticising all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Yes I did, it was ok. It's always nice to go somewhere and see how's life elsewhere. Every city has something to offer... some cities offer more, some less... some very little.. Apparently they love swimming but that doesn't change anything about a fact that a large city like cork needs a proper swimming facility plus some slides for kids, simply something to do.

No I don't remember those but I am aware about this amazing facility for sure.

I don't know why they wasted so much space in Churchfield. The pool could have been wider and a bit longer too. Why is there no jacuzzi next to the steam room in that corner? Who built it like that. Waste of empty space. You could totally fit 8 person jacuzzi there.

I was thinking about buying 10 passes instead of some short term membership, to add to my busy gym routine (sauna would be nice addition to massages) but I am now flabbergasted after looking at the public swim times. Another reason Cork needs proper swimming facility so people go swim whenever... at like 3:05PM or whatever... 🤔

Yeah no thanks that's a pass. 3-5pm is the perfect time to go swimming, at least for me.

I don't think so and I'll tell you why. This isn't how any of this works. Nothing has been achieved by staying quiet, ever. It's important to voice opinions whether they are positive or negative. I am certainly not gonna go and take pictures of nice roads for example. That's standard, roads should look like that. However potholes on every corner are obviously a problem, especially when paying anything between 600-1200e in roads tax, insurance, VAT on car parts, tax on fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I'd rather have someone perceived to be just moaning than saying nothing at all.

The corporate ladder world is already full of "Glass 90% full" and "Let's use the word challenges rather than issues" people.

It's important to me that people like Diabhalta call us on our **** directly.

• Advertisement

• Ireland in general seems to have had a long period of a MAJOR mental block about 50 m swimming pools. You'd swear it was up there with having a space programme.

Advertisement