Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

05 Corolla interior lights not working...

• 25-03-2019 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Went to replace the centre interior light with a 12v led festoon bulb and now it seems the driver and passenger interior lights aren't working also. Wondering if I've blown a fuse? Anyone know which number fuse is for the interior lights?
    Fecking radio gone too. Surely they can't all be in the same fuse?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sounds like your dome fuse is gone. Does the remote central locking work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

colm_mcm wrote: »

Not tried that, will do in the morning. Might have blown it when I attempted to fit the new led bulb. Do you know if that fuse is found under the hood and what number it is? I'll check the manual in the morning.
    Is it a bigger issue if central locking not working?
    Cheers.

Yeah it’s under the bonnet near the battery. It’s all labelled.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Remote central locking gone too. Does that confirm it's the dome fuse?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Switched out the fuse, it was indeed blown, and replaced with the appropriate spare in the fuse box, and the radio and vanity lights are back. Will check the central locking when I get the key from the missus.
    Thanks for the help.
    Hopefully I dont blow it again when I try change the dome bulb again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Careful with LEDs over there. Had to replace integration relay control module I fried. Thankfully ebay had 2nd hand one for approx 20.

joujoujou wrote: »
    Careful with LEDs over there. Had to replace integration relay control module I fried. Thankfully ebay had 2nd hand one for approx 20.

How did that happen? You'd think changing a bulb would be as risk free as it gets provided the voltage is like for like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It just happened. Put a LED, it shone, started to flicker after a while then module died.

Advertisement