Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site to site VPN on a 4g Router

• 25-03-2019 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

i have running fine a software VPN client from within the local network,using the 4G router as default gateway.

Asking you if anyone have used a Sonicwall Router behind a Three 4G router in site-to-site VPN configuration.
    Understood that those little 4G routers cannot be used for running DMZ and/or private server behind it.

Can i use it as a site to site VPN solution,please !?

Appreciated,thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If the VPN is hosted on a non cellular (non CNAT) device then its possible that the SW on the cellular link can dial out to it fine, just not possible to turn it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Thanks.
    Thats my concern,as i understood nothing can run from behind the 4G router, all ports closed.
    Wonder if i can do a DMZ ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No new inbound connections can get through.

The VPN can create an outbound tunnel between Site A(4G) and Site B(real connection) then all traffic between A and B flows through that tunnel.

So a user wants to access say an FTP server at A and is at B. Their connection is a new connection to the FTP server but its within the VPN tunnel which is an existing connection so the CNAT doesnt cause a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Workign perfect using the DMZ functionality of the 4G router.

Advertisement