Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Newbridge

Options
  • 26-03-2019 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all I have moved to Newbridge in co Kildare and don’t know anyone in the town. Can anyone offer advice on getting to know people or any groups to join for same? Have a young son and could do with some pals for both him and myself!!

Is there anyone here also new to the town and looking for friendships??

Also any ideas on activities for kids in the area? Also “activities” for the adults? Nightlife suggestions welcome!!!

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

Hello and welcome to Newbridge.!
    You dont say how old your little guy is so Im going to go with under 5?
    I'd recommend checking out Newbridge family resource centre, the library, the riverbank theatre, the playground at the sports centre, spin - for swimming or classes, or rollerskating? the park that runs alongside the river, if you have access to a car there is plenty of playcentres just outside of town or bowling or indoor golf. As the weather improves the Curragh is a great spot for rambles as is Pollardstown fen. There is a new skate park opened beside woodies.
    I cant really think of anything else? Hopefully others will add some bits for you!
    Hope you enjoy the town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

If the young lad gets involved with Sarsfields or Morefield GAA he wont be long making lots of friends

Advertisement