Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headlight bulb went

• 26-03-2019 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

My headlight H11 Bulb went last night but it seems my Bulbs in a socket so u cant get these in Garages,

Funny thing was that when i put it back on the faulty one again it wouldnt work ,

but then when i touched it off the car it flickered and came on

Is it on the way out, did the filaments connect any clues ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Clean the connections where the plug connects to the bulb.
    Any corrosion on these will cause issues.
    Replace the bulbs with good branded ones and don't touch the glass when you fit them or localised heat spots can develop and burn the bulb out prematurely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If the bulb is still working intermittently it sounds like a earth issue rather than the bulb. Take all the connectors apart and give them a blast of contact cleaner, have a look inside for bad corrosion before cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

i should explain better since i took it out of socket and put it back in its working all the time,

i will get a new one but i notice that these bulbs come with a blue coating,

what bulb should i be asking for ?

Advertisement