If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema Package

Options
  • 26-03-2019 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently interested in purchasing a home cinema package

I've taken an interest in the Sony STRDN1080 AVR with Q Acoustics 3010i or the Wharfdale 5.1 speakers.

Is there a huge difference between the speakers in question?  The speakers will not be wall mounted and will most likely be mounted on stands.

In addition, in time I would like to add Atmos speakers, so that may have a bearing on the more optimal package to consider.

Also I noticed on the Wharfdale package deal, you include cabling and speaker stands, are there any such add on/or boardie deals as add ons to the Q Acoustics package?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I'm currently interested in purchasing a home cinema package

I've taken an interest in the Sony STRDN1080 AVR with Q Acoustics 3010i or the Wharfdale 5.1 speakers.

Is there a huge difference between the speakers in question?  The speakers will not be wall mounted and will most likely be mounted on stands.

In addition, in time I would like to add Atmos speakers, so that may have a bearing on the more optimal package to consider.

Also I noticed on the Wharfdale package deal, you include cabling and speaker stands, are there any such add on/or boardie deals as add ons to the Q Acoustics package?

Thanks
    Hi reignschaos,

The Q Acoustics package would give a much better sound than the Wharfedale satellite pack. With larger cabinets and drivers you would get a fuller sound which would be better for both films and music. The subwoofer is also better.

The current package price for the Sony STRDN1080 and the Q Acoustics 3010i pack is £999. There are no cables included but I can do a bundle of 25m of Symphony 200 with a Cambridge 7.5m sublink cable for £47?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭reignschaos

Hi David,
    Many thanks for coming back to me with the information and cable deal, much appreciated.

I was doing some measuring to see how the Q Acoustics might fit in and it wasn't looking good, based on the measurements on the specifications page, however i may be wrong, but just wondering are the measurements you have on the specification page right? I only did a double check when the speaker seemed to be extending from the wall a lot.  

Your Measurements
    Centre Speaker (3090CI) W - 430, D - 331, H -156
    Speaker (3010i) W - 150, D - 480, H -324 
    Sub (3060s) W - 430, D - 331, H - 156

Measurements I got from the Q Acoustics site
    Centre Speaker (3090CI) W - 430, D - 216, H -152
    Speaker (3010i) W - 150, D - 252, H -253
    Sub (3060s) W - 480, D - 300, H - 480

Would you be able to verify for me?

Which ever way the speakers end up in size, for the time being, speaker stands would be required.  Do you have any recommendations that would suit these speakers?  My current speaker stands base are circular with a diameter of 31 cm, ideally that would be as big as a base plate as i would like.

Many thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi David,
    Many thanks for coming back to me with the information and cable deal, much appreciated.

I was doing some measuring to see how the Q Acoustics might fit in and it wasn't looking good, based on the measurements on the specifications page, however i may be wrong, but just wondering are the measurements you have on the specification page right? I only did a double check when the speaker seemed to be extending from the wall a lot.  

Your Measurements
    Centre Speaker (3090CI) W - 430, D - 331, H -156
    Speaker (3010i) W - 150, D - 480, H -324 
    Sub (3060s) W - 430, D - 331, H - 156

Measurements I got from the Q Acoustics site
    Centre Speaker (3090CI) W - 430, D - 216, H -152
    Speaker (3010i) W - 150, D - 252, H -253
    Sub (3060s) W - 480, D - 300, H - 480

Would you be able to verify for me?

Which ever way the speakers end up in size, for the time being, speaker stands would be required.  Do you have any recommendations that would suit these speakers?  My current speaker stands base are circular with a diameter of 31 cm, ideally that would be as big as a base plate as i would like.

Many thanks.
    Hi reignschaos,

The Q Acoustics website have the correct dimensions on them. The measurements on our website on the single products are correct but they're wrong on the package page for some reason.

Q Acoustics do have a stand dedicated for these speakers but they do not have a circular stand, most are actually square or rectangular. The Q3000FSI retail at £129 per pair.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi David

Thanks for checking for me, much appreciated.

Sony STRDN1080 and the Q Acoustics 3010i pack is £999
    Q3000FSI ;£129 x 2 is £258

Bundle of 25m of Symphony 200 with a Cambridge 7.5m sublink cable for £47

Comes in at £1304.  Is there any additional leeway on that?

In relation to delivery, what is the normal duration?  Just wondering were I to purchase tomorrow (Thursday) could it be delivered to Dublin by Friday evening?

Thanks

Hi David

Thanks for checking for me, much appreciated.

Sony STRDN1080 and the Q Acoustics 3010i pack is £999
    Q3000FSI ;£129 x 2 is £258

Bundle of 25m of Symphony 200 with a Cambridge 7.5m sublink cable for £47

Comes in at £1304.  Is there any additional leeway on that?

In relation to delivery, what is the normal duration?  Just wondering were I to purchase tomorrow (Thursday) could it be delivered to Dublin by Friday evening?

Thanks
    Hey Reignschaos.

A lot of the items are already discounted in the bundle deals unfortunately.
    I could do a little better on the stands and offer them at £110 per pair.

This would come to £1266 delivered.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny
    Many thanks.  

I have set up an account and put the items in (I think!!!), how should I proceed now?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Reignschaos,

thanks for that - if you look at the option on the main bundle page you will see that there is a discounted stand bundle - that will give you 25% of the stands ( one pair only!) if you want 2 pairs just increase the quantity and pop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie asking for the same deal on the second pair and we will get that all sorted for you and pop a refund back to your credit card..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Reignschaos,

thanks for that - if you look at the option on the main bundle page you will see that there is a discounted stand bundle - that will give you 25% of the stands ( one pair only!) if you want 2 pairs just increase the quantity and pop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie asking for the same deal on the second pair and we will get that all sorted for you and pop a refund back to your credit card..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John
    Many thanks for the information.

Just don't want to make a mistake, I see its coming in at £1306.44 inclusive of delivery so do I just proceed and then you refund the difference of £40.44 which I contact the above eMail address.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Hi John
    Many thanks for the information.

Just don't want to make a mistake, I see its coming in at £1306.44 inclusive of delivery so do I just proceed and then you refund the difference of £40.44 which I contact the above eMail address.

Is that correct?

Thanks
    Hi Reignschaos.

We can do it that way if you would like.

It think from John's message above. Once on the page for the amp and speakers there is a little drop down bar just below the buy it now button which allows to add one pair of the stands on at a discounted price of £96.75.
    If you then add one pair at full price along with the cables then we can refund back the difference.

The new total with the even more discount to the stands would be £1239.50 delivered.
    The total you should get once everything is added including the delivery will be £1289.45 + £6.99 shipping = £1296.44

Refund due back will be £56.94

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Hi

Thanks Kenny, made the changes, got the price above and submitted the order - just now.

Appreciate the assistance and clarifications.

Now its so close, just wondering..What is the normal delivery duration?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks Kenny, made the changes, got the price above and submitted the order - just now.

Thanks
    Cheers Reignschaos.

I will have your order sorted ASAP :)

Delivery is usually next day excluding weekend. I'll try my best to get it dispatched today.

Hi

Thanks
    Cheers Reignschaos.

Delivery is usually next day excluding weekend. I'll try my best to get it dispatched today.
    Thanks Kenny, much appreciated.

Hi

Thanks
    Cheers Reignschaos.

Thanks Kenny, much appreciated.
    Hey Reignschaos.

Our courier called before i could get your order ready to leave today.

It will be shipping tomorrow and once it has left the building I will drop you your tracking number in a PM.

I have also processed the refund for you which may take several days to arrive back into your account.

Kenny
    Super stuff, I just moments ago responded on a separate eMail.

No problem, thanks for the follow up, looking forward to the Tracking Number.

All the help and assistance you and your colleagues have provided, is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Kenny
    Super stuff, I just moments ago responded on a separate eMail.

No problem, thanks for the follow up, looking forward to the Tracking Number.

All the help and assistance you and your colleagues have provided, is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards
    You are more than welcome Reignschaos.

It was myself who picked up the email also.

Enjoy your evening and I'll forward the tracking tomorrow afternoon.

Hi
    Just wondering if this shipment made the courier on Friday and if so, do you have the tracking number for it?

Many thanks.

Hi
    Just wondering if this shipment made the courier on Friday and if so, do you have the tracking number for it?

Many thanks.
    Hi reignschaos,

Just PM'd you the tracking number!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.