Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Training

Options
  • 26-03-2019 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi lads,

I've been wanting to do my flight training for a long time now and was wondering would you guys have any suggestions or opinions on a good but budgeted flight school (doesn't matter where it is).

I'm from Cork so obviously AFTA is the primary option and that is the current plan but I was going to try and explore outside of Ireland too but I wouldn't know where to start. Does anyone know of any good flight schools outside of Ireland that would be cheaper than AFTA??

Or even a flight school that offers deferred payments where you don't have to pay for training until you get a job afterwards?

I know some banks used to offer this loan scheme but I'm 99% sure none of them do it anymore.

Regards,
    Greg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The best place to start is the Mater hospital aeromedical for a Class One medical, there is no point in chasing this dream if for some reason you can't pass the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I looked up schools in Eastern Europe with mixed reviews before on PPrune. Maybe have another look to see more recent comments on them.

AFTA is I believe around €75k is that correct OP? I'd be amazed if any banks gave out significant loans for the training. How much savings towards it have you now?

Advertisement